• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Monitor "Out of Range" with Gigabyte GTX460 1GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I checked out that monitor on newegg and it says that your monitor has 1 DVI connector but does not include a DVI cable. You are saying that you are using the VGA input with a DVI adapter on the cable. Try connecting the GTX 460 to the monitor with a DVI cable and the DVI input on the monitor.

will try the DVI cable option and see how that works.

Snatched up a Corsair VX550W PSU today from Amazon for 59.99 and will be here tomorrow. Going to test it out on the system and see if the PSU has been the problem to the GTX460.

You will not regret getting that Corsair, i have one myself, awesomely quiet and quality PSU. However, I don't think it's your problem, the video card would have given you an error about 'insufficient power' going to it or you would be getting a error about 'no signal' from the monitor if it was.

When I had this issue it was because I moved the pc from a 23" to a 21" and lower res (21 could only to 1024 while the 23 was at 1900.. card was trying to display 1900 on a monitor that couldnt support it.. i solved it by removing said card nad using an "old" card just to get into the system, removed the drivers and re-installed drivers and newer card..

ALRIGHT. Finally, Problem solved.

Yup.. after a full week of frustration, I have finally found the answer to all of this. (At least in my case) WATHNIX, You are the MAN! The problem was the VGA cable with DVI adaptor. Apparently it just won't work with the new GTX460. Yup, simply needed a damn $20 DVI cable to solve all this. Not the PSU, not the monitor, not the Windows OS, not the Video card, not the MB incompatibility, but that simple cable. I am glad it's all done now.

I did put in my new Corsair VX550 PSU today, it's working great too! I guess I will be doing some OC on this new system as EarthDog suggested. Thanks for all the help this past week guys! Much appreciated!

PS. I'll admit... I did feel like a r*etard after figuring out it's the cable causing the problems all along. :bang head

Back