• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard recommendation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only difference from i5 760 to i7 860 is HT ;)

I also believe the real-world differences between most high-quality heat-pipe HSF's is within a few degrees at best - probably no more than 5*C - but I could be wrong. I love my Thermalright HSF's regardless :p

:cool:

looks like the price went up to $60, yea it is just the same, just not black.

Oh, yeah you actually have to look at the combo deals, a lil lower on the page, don't ask why it's cheaper than the cooler alone lol...

Are either of those fans good enough? Not sure if it would be beneficial to get another fan instead of the ones shown.

Is the Thermalright Venomous X just as good as the Black edition you posted? I found it here for $57.98, which includes a fan and shipping.

There is two differences between the black version and the one you posted. One, its not black like Evilsizer has already said and secondly it doesn't come with mounting for AMD boards but since your using and Intel chip it doesn't matter. So just go for whatever is cheaper.

O and dont forget to put the coupon code "HELLO" to get $10 off the heatsink. You can even us it with the combo with the fan but wont get the full $10 off. Code only good till tonight.

The Thermalright Venomous X wouldn't have any issues fitting in my Antec 300? Or with my ram? (G.SKILL ECO Series)

I was comparing this heatsink to the Noctua NH-D14 and they had a nice compatibility chart on their website, made me worry about how the Venomous would fit.

The Thermalright Venomous X wouldn't have any issues fitting in my Antec 300? Or with my ram? (G.SKILL ECO Series)

I was comparing this heatsink to the Noctua NH-D14 and they had a nice compatibility chart on their website, made me worry about how the Venomous would fit.

NVM, Found out it fits, gonna order now. Looks like I am decided on everything, thanks so much for the help guys!

I'll be around asking questions about overclocking in the near future, I'm sure. (After reading your tutorials, of course!) :3

Back