• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multiple issues single thread (peripherals)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MunkyTOS

Hey OC'ers,

Long time no post. Over the past couple of months I've had random issues that I'm not sure where they could stem from or where to start to fix them.

#1: I bought a pair Sennheiser RS120 Wireless headphones which work great but after a while of not receiving audio signal, they cut out to static. Is there a way to ensure the base doesn't do this via PC settings?

#2: When booting up my pc, often times my Logitech G710 mechanical keyboard (with Logitech G500 mouse plugged into the passthrough wont be recognized for several seconds, as much as 30 seconds give or take. This forces me to have to wait until then to enter my password to login. I've installed drivers for the pair and still issues.

#3: I have 2 Dell U2414H monitors running off HDMI (main display) and mini display port but sometimes when loading up games, the main screen goes to black which forces me to turn off and turn back on in order to get video signal again. I have latest drivers for my GTX 770.

Thanks for any and all advice on how to reach a solution on any of these problems.

I certainly would scan for malware with a cocktail of products: Malwarebytes, ADWcleaner and Hitman Pro in that order to start with.

This could be a driver issue or a hardware issue. I guess I would try another keyboard and mouse combo to eliminate some possibilities. There's really no way of running this down unless you start swapping out parts.

What OS are you running? Have you tried a clean install?

Im currently running Windows 7, not extremely new but probably within the past 3-4 months. I'll definitely try those scans, as for parts there's not much I can do there other than buying so I'll see where the first step gets me, thank you trents.

I would also check the SMART drive info regarding the health of your system disk. Crystaldiskinfo is a good tool for this.

And run this scan from an elevated command prompt: sfc /scannow to check for damaged system files.

Also from an elevated command pormpt: chkdsk /f /r

Back