• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiple(thousands) instances of PING.exe and conhost.exe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haugezz

Hello..
This has only happened while running world of tanks, But the instances will keep spamming untill there is no ram left, The they will crash and exit....
Any1 encountered this problem before ?
all i know is that its MS official files, and its not a virus(MS SE doesnt find anything.)

Looks like someone trying to get into your computer, Johan. If you don't have a firewall, now would be a GREAT time to install one. Do nothing banking or seriously personal until you get this sorted.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=110556

edit: in fact, I wouldn't risk it at all. If possible, back up your important documents, and wipe your hard drive and do a fresh install of windows. Some of these viruses disable your safety features, which allows EVEN MORE to come in, and its just a big mess. Really recommend just sucking it up and spending the afternoon wiping your hard drive, sorry.

Thanks... But if im getting hacked, Thers gonna be a way to trace it, right ?

Thanks... But if im getting hacked, Thers gonna be a way to trace it, right ?

Nah, doesn't mean someone is sitting a computer directly hacking you, just means a program is bugging your computer. Even if you managed to trace it, theres still almost nothing you can do about it haha.

I got DDoS'ed a few months ago. I had full IP address of person doing it, IP of the location of the DDoS (same owner), an email of this person admitting it, and other super careless "evidences", guess what happened? Not a damn thing. Don't waste your time.

Back