• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My AMD athlon 64 3400 is clocked at 1.8 GHz WTF ? I need help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Davv

Disabled
So I bought this HP media center prebuilt in early 2005. When I right click my computer icon is tells me I'm running at 1.8GHz. Even when I use CPU-Z it stats the same. Even when I play HL2 thru steam it even tells me that my cpu is clocked at 1.8GHz. The 3400 AMD is suppose to run at 2.2 GHz.

Okay someone the other day tells me why don't you overclock cpu thru the bios up the muiltpler it's right now at 0.9 and I think the 3400 are soppose to be around 0.12 or 0.13. Anyway another friend of mine told me to do this too. Cause both of them did it to theres in the bios with no problems. By the way they built their own pc's.

So I go into my bios even with my friend on the phone with me going thru it with me and it's no where to be found. What I'm thinking HP locked it out somehow so the end user can't fiddle with it. So theres my problem I'm really hoping someone here can help me. By the way no I don't have cool & quiet installed on my pc I'm using that.

This what I have Hardware
Base processor
AMD Athlon(64) 3400
1600 MT/s (Mega Transfers/second)
Socket 754
Chipset
SiS 760/964
Motherboard
Manufacturer: Asus
Motherboard Name: K8S-LA
HP motherboard name: Salmon-GL6E

This link is the specs to my pc if you need more detailed specs.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...5503&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

To answer one question: Yes it is locked. Any full OEM computer from a production line made from the big companies will be locked from any overclocking.

As to the processor, make sure that's not just Cool and Quiet working. Run like Prime95 and see if it changes.

hp, compaq, dell, acer, gateway, etc doesnt allow for overclocking via bios you will have to use setfsb or some other proggy,,

Welcome to our forums...:D

To answer one question: Yes it is locked. Any full OEM computer from a production line made from the big companies will be locked from any overclocking.

As to the processor, make sure that's not just Cool and Quiet working. Run like Prime95 and see if it changes.

I'm not using cool & quiet . It's not even installed.

Last edited:
hp, compaq, dell, acer, gateway, etc doesnt allow for overclocking via bios you will have to use setfsb or some other proggy,,

Welcome to our forums...:D

Please tell me
more about ''setfsb or some other proggy,,'' is there a program that I can use ? Are they good ? Which one should I use ? Please

you can try setfsb, clockgen, and maybe speedfan or cpucool not sure which of those it is

Back