• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes I just downloaded the latest version. Any idea what the version number is that I should be using? I won't be back home until tomorrow to try again.

Ya that's the problem then. Not familiar with P95 version numbers. There are alternative programs for stress testing like AIDA64. Regardless, if you made it through the whole night in P95 blend then you have a stable OC.
At this point, you can either reduce the vCore and stress again, gradually going down until you find the lowest vcore that this OC is stable at. At that point you should bump it up just a couple of mV and leave it. Or, you can try for a higher OC on your current vCore.

You should check your max temps in intensive gaming, content creation, and whatever else you are using your PC for, as these are more "real world" scenarios.

Somebody will be along soon I'm sure to let you know which version of P95 you should be using. If you don't want to wait PM either ATMINSIDE or EarthDog and they can tell you what it is and where to get it.

Ya that's the problem then. Not familiar with P95 version numbers. There are alternative programs for stress testing like AIDA64. Regardless, if you made it through the whole night in P95 blend then you have a stable OC.
At this point, you can either reduce the vCore and stress again, gradually going down until you find the lowest vcore that this OC is stable at. At that point you should bump it up just a couple of mV and leave it. Or, you can try for a higher OC on your current vCore.

You should check your max temps in intensive gaming, content creation, and whatever else you are using your PC for, as these are more "real world" scenarios.

Somebody will be along soon I'm sure to let you know which version of P95 you should be using. If you don't want to wait PM either ATMINSIDE or EarthDog and they can tell you what it is and where to get it.

I raised it to 4.5GhZ at 1.25V and ran just about everything I would normally run on a daily basis at it (DA:Inquisition, Crysis 3, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Premier) and the CPU never got hotter than ~60C. I don't plan on going any higher then 4.5 just because I don't think I'd see that much of an improvement beyond benchmark numbers. Still plan on doing a run through with AIDA64 like you mentioned, but other than that, everything's looking good on the new system! Thanks for the help

Back