• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MY First Overclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wubism

Today, I worked up enough balls to try to overclock my system alittle.. Here is how it goes.

SPECS
MSI KT3 Ultra 2
XP1800+
512mb PC2700 DDR333

What I did
+/- .5 %
FSB 140

Temps
CPU 41C / 105F
System 33C / 95F

Outcome
XP1800+ 1.53ghz @ 1613mhz

I am happy, but I want more I want more! I am addicited. If anyone can give me some pointers and help me out alittle I would be very greatful! I am preety new .. but I knew enough to do what I did.

Thanks

Congrats on breaking the barrier. Every one of use have had second doubts before overclocking, some greater than others.

But now your over the wall, all I can say is:

The Addiction Has Begun! Enjoy!

Whoops, didn't read the second half of your post :D

Here's a few tips:
When overclocking, take baby steps one at a time.
Benchmark and test for stability on each overclock to measure success of overclock.
Know your limits. Don't try to go for rediculously high FSB like 200.
Last and most importantly, keep an eye on everything, including and especially temperatures. When you start to smell smoke, its probably too late!

Have fun! (but not too much ;))

lazerin said:
Whoops, didn't read the second half of your post :D

Here's a few tips:
When overclocking, take baby steps one at a time.
Benchmark and test for stability on each overclock to measure success of overclock.
Know your limits. Don't try to go for rediculously high FSB like 200.
Last and most importantly, keep an eye on everything, including and especially temperatures. When you start to smell smoke, its probably too late!

Have fun! (but not too much ;))
what about plums of smoke?:D

and to wubism...congrats and yes ceartanly welcome to the addiction:beer:

Back