• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My loop is DONE! - Lotsa pics :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol that flood gauge is great, I flooded my dorm room freshman year of college, brings back memories :D

Uploading youtube stuff now.. should be available within a couple hours. HQ will take a little longer so give it time...

I really didnt expect just a cpu loop to get this much attention. Thanks guys! Makes me feel good... lol

EDIT: Here's youtube.. part 1. Part 2 and the Finished setup...

Last edited:
Great job very original , to bad u haven't included in your videos how was it working with the braided hose .

Great job very original , to bad u haven't included in your videos how was it working with the braided hose .

Doh! You're right... I dont think I even mentioned it once... Oops! :-/ If you're curious though... it was actually one of the easier parts of the build. The sleeve cut cleanly with kitchen shears and was a snap to work over the hose. I definitely recommend trying it if you like the looks.

That has to be one of the coolest mods i have seen. is the power supply under the radiator? Well done! :clap:

Just so you know. My 3d marks beats your 3d marks by 2000 and it's a whole lot uglier, LOTS!.

A stellar first result. Your IQ is not 100, it's higher for sure. A WC noob doesn't make this first attempt resut unless they have smart parents. Your parents should be proud of your waste of money on watercooling and the wonderful result.

Great job. Not Shazza or DD build, but very good.

The wonder bar

Amazing. So thats the bar huh>?
Thats the bar you have set for us yet to be first timers. damn you....
Awesome job!!!!

this is a very nice mod, especially for a first timer. When compared to my first attempts, they pale in comparison. I however couldn't stand the loud volume of the thing. It would drive me nuts. The radiator mount looks very stylish and is very original.

Maybe I'll have to pull out the webcam and do some videos when I start my next project.

meh ive seen better....

just kidding, man this looks awesome, One thing i like to point out if you dont mind, the res seems to high, shouldn't it be lower? i remember reading where the res should lower then the loop due to gravity or something.

Last edited:
meh ive seen better....

just kidding, man this looks awesome, One thing i like to point out if you dont mind, the res seems to high, shouldn't it be lower? i remember reading where the rest should lower then the loop due to gravity or something.

It's easier to bleed at a low point, and easier to fill (bubbles go up) at a high point... I've ran both ways and never seen that make a difference in temps at all.

I can only see gravity being a problem if you were trying to pump it straight up and and added like 4 feet of head.

Thought I'd actually post a screenshot of my temps... room was a little cooler today. Dunno the ambient.. sry. But it was in the mid 70's.

After a full run on OCCT... I'm happy.. hehe
tempsAfterOCCT.jpg

Should say I THINK 23c is below room temp.. it seems a bit too far off from the others at least...

Back