• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New 1090t OC Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZeroFatal1ty

Registered
For those of you who aren't lucky enough to get a 1090t/1100t that will clock to 4.3Ghz and can only reach 4Ghz like me... there are ways of getting it to perform. After researching multiple threads, finding the right fsb/multi ratio, and getting the right HSF and TIM, i managed to pull some pretty nice clocks from the CPU/NB and HT-link.

Setup:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula - BIOS 0903 (Best for Thuban OC)
Ram: G-skill Sniper 2x4Gb 1866Mhz 9-10-9-28-1N 1.5v
Video: 2x EVGA GTX 470's in SLI @ 825/1650/2000 1.087v
PSU: OCZ ZX-1250W Modular 80+ Gold
HDD: 2x WD Velociraptor 600GB Sata 6Gb/s in Raid-0
HSF: Thermaltake FRIO with CoolerMaster SickleFlow Push/Pull
TIM: IC Diamond 7-gram 24Carat
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

OC Settings:

CPU Multi: 17X (3995)
FSB: 235Mhz
PCI-E Frequency: 105Mhz
DRAM Freq: 1880Mhz @ stock timings
CPU/NB Multi: 12X (2820Mhz)
HT-Link Multi: 12X (2820Mhz)
CPU LLC: Extreme
CPU/NB LLC: Extreme
DRAM Voltage: 1.6v
CPU Voltage: 1.475v (~1.525v Load)
CPU/NB Voltage: 1.4v
CPU VDDA: 2.6v (Helps stabilize higher FSB)
HT-Link Voltage: 1.2875v
NB Voltage: 1.225v (better VGA throughput)
PCI-E VDD Voltage: 1.126 (Increased 1 increment to stabilize VGA OC)

Temps:

Idle CPU: 24C Deg
Idle Chipset: 27C Deg

Load CPU: 51C Deg (So Far... currently running prime95 blend for almost 4 hours. I will updates these temps and voltages until stable as needed)
Load Chipset: 31C Deg

Like I said... I'm in the process of running Prime95. It's been 4 hours and seems very stable. Ht-link OC makes OS feel very snappy! I'm also going to run LinX at full memory capacity and upload screens, as well as HyperPI.

ap8xo.png

Last edited:
Looking good, I would almost like to test your settings out as I am running:
CH IV
OCZ 180GB RevoDrive
16GB Vengeance 1600
6950 2GB

I am sitting at 3.7 using an H50 in push pull. I have not played with the chip but I know there is more that it can do but to date there is nothing the system can't do and its so stable I do not want to fubar the system tinkering since it is a bit of a chore to get Revo Drive to work on the CHIV and I don't really want to give the board up yet as I did not see the CHV offering enough to make me upgrade. I would like this system to get me another year and then we will see whats up at that time.....

Looking good, I would almost like to test your settings out as I am running:
CH IV
OCZ 180GB RevoDrive
16GB Vengeance 1600
6950 2GB

I am sitting at 3.7 using an H50 in push pull. I have not played with the chip but I know there is more that it can do but to date there is nothing the system can't do and its so stable I do not want to fubar the system tinkering since it is a bit of a chore to get Revo Drive to work on the CHIV and I don't really want to give the board up yet as I did not see the CHV offering enough to make me upgrade. I would like this system to get me another year and then we will see whats up at that time.....

I actually liked the layout of the CHIV better the CHV! The only reason I went with the CHV was because of the 990FX and SLI capabilities. I heard they were having some issues with the Lucid Hyrda chip and SLI. But as far as OC performace... the CHIV wins. I'd stick with it until the FM1 socket Rev.2 chips come out (Rumors). OTOH, I ended up having better performance with the FRIO than the H50 so I went back to air. I am completely jealous of your OCZ Revo tho. That's the PCI-E one right? I wich I had room for another PCI-E device. I have my eyes set on the Corsair Force GT 240Gb. :) Here some pics btw...

Case
IckKp.jpg

Inside (B4 video card backplates and vrm sinks)
YiFfP.jpg

Applied IC Diamond to Chipsets:

Cleaned heatsinks and thermal-tape off with ArctiClean
z9KtA.jpg

Cleaned both Chipsets
joPGwh.jpg
o8KQeh.jpg

Used toothpick to distribute IC Diamond (thick stuff)
VZ5ed.jpg

Used plastic bag method to even-out TIM. Finished product should look like this:
LLI72h.jpg

P.S. I'm still not done stressing/benching... but when i am, I will upload results!!

Back