• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Geothermal Cooling Loop!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You using that pump I failed to sell correctly? Hope I didn't ruin your build :(

Nope, the pump is my main powerhouse and pumping away like a little mad-man.
And it loves the Dually top too! :thup:

It's the 355 in my sig. ;)

BTW on the subject of pumps...I found the pic of the cooling mod I made to both of them. Now the single 120mm Noctua cools both pumps from beneath.
No meltdown worries!

View attachment 111230

Ahhh, a boy and his dremmel. Inseparable really!!!
I did (after this pic) remove one of those mounting "ears" so the pumps fit together on the Dually top. I painted the lower housings 'cause the top I bought is white also...

Last edited:
Glad to hear it's working great for ya Diggrr! I'm kinda jealous to be honest! When I get a place of my own I was considering doing something like this...I love power, volt mods and silence...very hard to have all 3, a nice Geothermal setup would be killer for power and silence. Maybe you could put it in your drive way next build so you can have a heated drive way in the winter LOL!

Thought about that actually, even at 60°F it would help. Unfortunately I have a layer of river rock and dolomite clay that's 8" thick, so it's nearly as hard as concrete--digging is impossible without a jack hammer!
I guess that doesn't rule out having the front steps de-iced.....hmmm. :D

From your pic of the "command center" I notice you're missing the all important MRI and CAT scan devices, to say nothing of the Galactic Interdimensional Quantum Access unit. What gives ?

I wonder.

for the summer months, will you add sprinklers to the lawn to further improve the cooling? hehehe. I say that cause today I saw a thermal switch for auto sprinkling, and I was reminded of your built. haha.

From your pic of the "command center" I notice you're missing the all important MRI and CAT scan devices, to say nothing of the Galactic Interdimensional Quantum Access unit. What gives ?

Hahaha, thought about those, but I'd have to add another 220 Volt breaker panel, as mine is full.
100 Amp service in this old house can be so limiting, maybe a flux capacitor and a lightening rod will get the job done! :D

I thought about the sprinkler, and it is an option. I have a rep in the neighborhood for having the worst lawn, sometimes going 3 weeks without mowing! lolz
My buddy with the perfect lawn across the street calls me the "grass killer".
It hasn't rained in a week, but temps aren't changed as yet. Looks like the heavy clay soil is doing it's job at holding moisture well.

Last edited:
:drool:

I wish I could do something like that, but here in SoFla; I'm afraid that I'd just be warming the water up instead... :chair:

I'm sure that loop would be able to handle waaaay more than what you're throwing at it right now.

Well the thing about FL is that theres a water table. So you can dig deep enough and hit it and the temp of that water is usually 72 Faren, very cool.

Thanks guys!

The only thing left on my to do list is to make a GPU block...not like my GT520 Passively cooled card will add a lot of heatload to the loop...no wonder no one makes them for sale!

I know this has probably been mentioned but how have you dealt with the issue of condensation? I was under the impression that if the water was cooler than the air temp your going to have issues?

But freeking COOOOOOLLLLLLLl i wana do this now :p

I've been keeping a close eye on it, and not one drop.
I have excellent airflow through the case, which helps a lot, and my A/C keeps the humidity low in my house ( and ~75°F ambient).
We're also having a pretty dry summer, as my brown lawn can tell you.

The only condensation I've been able to find is inside the res above the waterline, where it's really humid.

Living in Phoenix I think this might have quite a negative impact.. its suppose to get up to 110 today. However if I ever move someplace a little chillier I definitely want to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back