• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Geothermal Cooling Loop!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dig deeper. The ground will get to ~55°F. You might need 4-6 feet deep to find it, but you will find it.
To think about it, your tap water doesn't come out of the faucet warm...that's geothermal cooling.

It's 91°F here now, and my CPU reports the usual 31°C idle, and 39° loaded.

Last edited:
I just wanted to bump this because it's awesome. I heart Diggrr's geothermal loop!
Glad you did Hokie, it is still a great read. I would love to do this one day, though I'd probably have to get divorced first, my wife already thinks I nuts with my water cooling set up. Imagine the response to, honey I'm digging up the backyard 4 feet deep to run cooling lines for my pc. Then I'm going to run the lines up the side of the house to the room on the 2nd floor OK? :)

Heh, I'd have to run it to the third floor of our townhouse, which is why it hasn't already been proposed to my wife as well. If we ever move and have a basement or first floor office, you can bet I'll be trying to convince her though!

You might need a bigger pump to get to the second floor. ;-)

Thanks for the bump hokie. I think this thread deserves a best of 2012 award. :)

If we ever move and have a basement or first floor office, you can bet I'll be trying to convince her though!
I used to have my office in the basement but that became my son's game room so that is out at least until he goes away to college in 9 years :)

You might need a bigger pump to get to the second floor. ;-)
Indeed, just for curiosity sake, what pump would be capable?

This is unbelievably amazing... I can see the look on my other half's face now if i was to suggest this to her... haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back