• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new keyboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

I've been contemplating about a new keyboard. I currently have the Logitech LX 710 and although I like it because it's small and offers nice multi media keys, I think it's time to get a mechanical keyboard with some lights so I can see what I'm pressing at night.

I think cherry red switches is what I want...perhaps brown...but def not black or blue. I don't know much about green...

I have a Roccat Kone XTD mouse and have been thinking to get the new per key illumination Roccat keyboard but they cost $180+tax and are always on pre order.

I've thought about the gigabyte osmium but it just doesn't have what I want and it's quite large.

The problem with most of the keyboards is that they don't actually hold them in stock...which is why I'm here writing this post. I can't physically look at any of them or put my hands on them before buying.

Here's what I want;

1) mechanical reds/browns
2) blue or rgb led
3) programmable keys (lighting) so I can have profiles for gaming and have those specific keys lit only
4) multimedia dedicated keys if possible but the way I see things that won't happen
5) visually appealing, good craftsmanship, like Lian Li cases...simple but sleek

I like the Ducky DK9008 shine 3 but I also see that the Max Nighthawk x9 has similar features.

Anyone have these and are willing to provide first hand experience?

Any other keyboards which you think will meet my criteria?

Thanks.

I personally have a Rosewill RK-9000BR so I can comment on the the brown swtitches.

They're a bit quieter than blues but if you want zero noise you'll probably want to look at reds (Unless you bottom out with every key press if that's the case there will always be noise).

Overall I love the feel of the switches when typing. It's very easy to tell when you've pressed enough for the keystroke to register.

For a lot of reviews / a good place to get recomendations I would recomed you check out and maybe even post at: http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/

In the side bar there are links to reviews and a pretty comprehensive wiki with lots of mechanical keyboard information.

Been using the Logitech G710+ for a few months now and love it. The keys aren't obnoxiously loud, it's backlit, and feels very smooth.

I for sure wait for the Shine 3. Gonna be out in a week, that's what I'm waiting on. From what I can tell, it's going to be a slightly updated Shine II with different LED features. And the Shine II was an enormous success.

I have the corsair K70 and I think it's amazing. It's definitely the nicest keyboard I have ever used.

I for sure wait for the Shine 3. Gonna be out in a week, that's what I'm waiting on. From what I can tell, it's going to be a slightly updated Shine II with different LED features. And the Shine II was an enormous success.

I Guess you mean the DK9087? bc the one I listed above is in stock...

If you're referring to the dk9087, I want a full number pad etc...this won't be a portable keyboard.

I think maybe I'll grab that Ryos MK Pro Roccat after all. I'll just wait until it's out and perhaps comes with a sale...

Watched a nice review on it and it has some pretty neat features.

I think maybe I'll grab that Ryos MK Pro Roccat after all. I'll just wait until it's out and perhaps comes with a sale...

Watched a nice review on it and it has some pretty neat features.

I have a non-mech roccat isku kb and to be honest I love it and their software is also good.

Very impressed with my G710+. Its actually quieter than the Logitech Wave I had before it because I don't bottom out keys nearly as much any more.

I have a non-mech roccat isku kb and to be honest I love it and their software is also good.

Yeah and then I can also look cool that I have both a roccat mouse and keyboard :) The thumbster keys are nice as are the macro's on the left.

The per key illumination is a good feature, don't really care for any of the other effects. I need to see those darn keys at night

Back