• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MY new Trident Z RGB is here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lots of talk, still no results.
Patience... grasshoppa. The guy hasnt even logged in here since 9PM last night so hes seen none of this. Again... he has a job. Its 6PM here. He has a family...dinner to eat... and surely this isnt a pressing issue for him. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your PC until he posts something. :)

See this is where you fall on your sword. I did admit my score wasn't as good and gave you an acknowledgement so that was the positive comment. You must've overlooked that. But hey that's ok! Not my race, not my fight.

I'll be waiting....

Yes I admit you were cool and did say good things. I thank you for that, It isn't easy to get around here for sure. Lots of trash talk about ten year old tech beating up NEW tech AMAZING.
You could put the thing on Pluto and crank it up to 10.0GHz and it still wouldn't make the thing faster than MY Ryzen 7 1700 NO WAY NO HOW! Impossible! PROVE it now! ANY ONE OF YOU! IF you can CORE FOR CORE THREAD FOR THREAD!

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Patience... grasshoppa. The guy hasnt even logged in here since 9PM last night so hes seen none of this. Again... he has a job. Its 6PM here. He has a family...dinner to eat... and surely this isnt a pressing issue for him. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your PC until he posts something. :)

Oh Don't act like he is the only one that has Crap to do! Hell I have a life and I still find time to do lots of things. Maybe instead of posting and running he should have just ran the test and then added his 2 cents?

Makes me wonder about the drive by flaming!
That is just how I see it nothing said nice just a post taunting me for 24 HOURS NOW! Anything posted from him now is going to be suspect at best.

Should have posted up the big mouth couldn't so he hit my thread and RAN! YEP that is just HOW I see it! Family/ job and all that be damned! This was nothing more than Mr. Scott flaming me! He could have and SHOULD have ran the test that second and posted his results then challenged ME! Winding me up like this! You all just took a **** on me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I gotta respect your bravery. You've earned that from me. Again tho you're pitting yourself against someone that has all the goodies and has done this for decades. He's not someone you think you can beat easily. If you've seen his numbers on HWBOT you'll see this is a losing battle. But hey I gotta admire that you don't back down from a challenge.

Could have, should have, didnt. Stuff happens. No more insults, trickson. Move on until we see some results. Sorry you are so triggered over this. :(

Man I gotta respect your bravery. You've earned that from me. Again tho you're pitting yourself against someone that has all the goodies and has done this for decades. He's not someone you think you can beat easily. you'll If you've seen his numbers on HWBOT see this is a losing battle. But hey I gotta admire that you don't back down from a challenge.

:plus1: ...had to peek.

All I can say is: :popcorn: + :soda: + :waiting:

PS: trickson, I guess it was the "vs 10 year old x58 rig", not core for core, thread for thread.

10 year old X58 rig. Correct. On air only also.
EDIT- BTW, total cost was *cough* 75 bucks. ;)

Attachments

• image_id_2145091.jpg
    image_id_2145091.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Hey Trickson. the score/screenie you posted in #63, is that multiple runs or just one? I only ask because you want consistency across the board. Just because you ran it once and got the score, doesn't mean you'll have the same score multiple runs to see if it stays the same. Anybody can run one run and get the high score. Usually you'll run 3 runs and get the best average out of the 3.

Just asking :shrug:
The highest score wins. The goal in benchmarking isn't to find an average, but to get the best score. Once is all that is needed.

Well done! And that settles that. X58 platform and $40 worth of CPUs if I looked on ebay right now.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Xeon+X5675&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Trickson, enjoy that CPU, she's still a beast, requiring TWO 10 year old CPUs to beat ya. :)

Last edited:

OMG! :eek: What a beating!

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The highest score wins. The goal in benchmarking isn't to find an average, but to get the best score. Once is all that is needed.

Oh. I had thought old school rules applies. 3 runs and consistency wins. Not just the 1st run. How do you get the highest score with just one run? Just wanted to know is all. Rules changed since my days.

Last edited:
Nicely done Scotty!

My old x58 just ran and hid from you , ... lol

Joe knows. ;)

Could have just as easily thrown the chiller on it and run at 4.8.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0282.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0282.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 73
Mr.Scott:comp: the king of 10 yr old systems that beat today's ryzens!! :clap:
Mahn, I feel good about my x58 now, it's gotten an invisible boost it seems!

Back