• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My overclock is deemed stable when: ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Taco, you're expecting too much from an aging platform, but I'm sure you already know this.

Get it stable for your needs for now and stop beating a dead horse.

It's time to upgrade-

Well I know that, nebulous:) I was just "in the moment", inspired by all these great numbers and wanted to see where mine can reach. But thank you.

Do you think I broke it at 1900mhz? I only pushed 1.64v through that dde3 and 1.4vtt not for very long. (1333mushkin silver sticks)

Well I know that, nebulous:) I was just "in the moment", inspired by all these great numbers and wanted to see where mine can reach. But thank you.

Do you think I broke it at 1900mhz? I only pushed 1.64v through that dde3 and 1.4vtt not for very long. (1333mushkin silver sticks)

From Woomack, here. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/743413-So-is-1-65V-the-max-safe-voltage-for-DDR3

JEDEC max safe is 1.975V ( for short time ). Since all manufacturers are in JEDEC then all DDR3 should be able to survive 1.975V. It doesn't change fact that longer work can kill some chips and some IC are simply not scalling with voltage so even if you set high voltage then it won't overclock much better.

Taco, you're expecting too much from an aging platform, but I'm sure you already know this.

Get it stable for your needs for now and stop beating a dead horse.

It's time to upgrade-

From Blaylock's signature.
The Rodeo Clown Oath: I Blaylock, do solemnly swear, to not let my Rig die of old age. I will burn it, fry it, freeze it, smash it and crash it til there is only ash and smoke

Nothing wrong with being in the moment, but there are times when you'll ask yourself (and evrybody here): "is this relic even worth all the trouble and money?" Enjoy the moment tho, but as I stated that rig will only give you but so much. Thus is why you weren't impressed after clocking the snot out of it and all you got for your efforts was a 20 hr rendering job for a 20min video.

Grrr, it's not 20 hours! It's well I don't remember how much, but it's probably faster super taco clocked!

And it definitely renders quicker now, I just don't have anything to rendr at the moment.

Back