• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My overclocking report (updated as needed)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok going for 4.7ghz now but it keeps locking up. Would more vcore help with this?

Ok going for 4.7ghz now but it keeps locking up. Would more vcore help with this?
Keep the Vcore under 1.55v and keep temps in check.

You could set 1.55v in the BIOS and try 4.7Ghz. If it's stable then start to back down the Vcore bit by bit till it's not stable then bump it back up a notch.

^ I liked the Phenom II, where the temp sensor was off by 13c - 15c cooler than what the CPU really was :)

Remember..... AMD CPUs are only rated upto 1.55v. If you already have a high thermal CPU temp, adding additional VCORE will not help. VCORE = Additional CPU Thermal Heat.

Last edited:
Remember..... AMD CPUs are only rated upto 1.55v. If you already have a high thermal CPU temp, adding additional VCORE will not help. VCORE = Additional CPU Thermal Heat.
^^this. I have been down this road before.

I'm at 1.42 for vcore right now. It peeks at like 61c but that's after 10 hours and all the heat built up in my case.

I'm at 1.42 for vcore right now. It peeks at like 61c but that's after 10 hours and all the heat built up in my case.
In my books spiking over 62C is okay, but don't run it over 62C 24/7. So it sounds like you are fine there.
At this point sounds like you need more cooling to overclock higher.

In my books spiking over 62C is okay, but don't run it over 62C 24/7. So it sounds like you are fine there.
At this point sounds like you need more cooling to overclock higher.

Yeah, water is in my plans I just have other things I need first, like a new battery for my Mustang. Almost time to start driving it again. Oh and that 61c spike is after like 12hr of prime95. After 4 it's still around 57c, so at some point the hot air just gets built up inside my case. I know I need a better rear exhaust fan and I have one I'm gonna try.

4.5Ghz should be plenty until you can get water on it anyways :)
Hell I run my 6300 on water at 4.6Ghz all day and it has plenty of power to boot!

Mustang eh? Nice!! :burn:

Back