• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my presler 920 thread, up and running :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
josh478 said:
i thought there were a few at 4.8? well if 4.4 is the best, then im very happy with my stable 4.0
lol 4.8 suicide? YES! stable..no way in hell :p
i do indeed seem to have the best chip around ~ capable of doin 4.5 stable @ 1.5v!
as stated i run 4.4 1.45v 24/7 @ a load of 44c
temperature is not an issue, nor is power
my chip is simply @ its limit

all i wanted was a 4.8 suicide. i dont want that stable. 4ghz stable(ive already gotten that) is fine for me. ive lowered it back to 3.6 just to be safe until the water gets here. temps arent a factor for me either. it still doesnt hit 50c full load at 1.5v in the bios. this stupid program asus bundled into the MB sucks. its so inaccurate its not funny. temps are the only readings that are close, and ive verifed with 3 other programs.

let me ask you guys this, when i run dual primes, one of them NEVER moves... like it will say its going, but it wont go like the other. the other will just keep going like a normal prime 95, the other one stays at the first and says 1024k testing, then goes to 8000k testing, which im assuming just takes much longer?

josh478 said:
let me ask you guys this, when i run dual primes, one of them NEVER moves... like it will say its going, but it wont go like the other. the other will just keep going like a normal prime 95, the other one stays at the first and says 1024k testing, then goes to 8000k testing, which im assuming just takes much longer?

I have noticed the same thing and i believe you need to set the affinity up to get them to run equally?

I usually just run prime for a few tests one instance, to ensure no immediate mem errors, then i use 2 folding instances (all my rigs are for folding) 724 as the ultimate stability tester. Usually with the network disabled for the first 24 hours so I don't turn in bad folding results.

pscout said:
I have noticed the same thing and i believe you need to set the affinity up to get them to run equally?

I usually just run prime for a few tests one instance, to ensure no immediate mem errors, then i use 2 folding instances (all my rigs are for folding) 724 as the ultimate stability tester. Usually with the network disabled for the first 24 hours so I don't turn in bad folding results.

ok, i just did that. ill try it again. it went 8 hours though last night at 3.64ghz with 1.425v stable.

josh478 said:
ok, i just did that. ill try it again. it went 8 hours though last night at 3.64ghz with 1.425v stable.

Yea one of your Prime's is freezing which is odd, usually both freeze. I have never had one stop. Make sure you go to options, torture test, large fft's on both. Once you do it should start the test immediately.

I would susspect at 1.425 and 3.6ghz that you will be stable. Mine is dual prime stable at 3.7ghz and 1.425. This is not good, and is why I have sold mine and will try again. It should do 4.0 ghz at 1.425 dual prime. Anything less is unacceptable.

Good luck!

I had one prime freeze on me.

One core was at 100% while the other was at like 80% causing the lower one to freeze, which ultimately gave me a Prime error "hardware failure detected, expected, bla bla, got bla bla.

Fixed the problem by raising the voltage.

I agree with 3dflyer.

Affordability is not the issue, its more of a time constraint. I don't have the time or want to drive out and replace a CPU because I was "brave."

I'll settle for my 4.2 Ghz :)

Surfrat said:
Yea one of your Prime's is freezing which is odd, usually both freeze. I have never had one stop. Make sure you go to options, torture test, large fft's on both. Once you do it should start the test immediately.

I would susspect at 1.425 and 3.6ghz that you will be stable. Mine is dual prime stable at 3.7ghz and 1.425. This is not good, and is why I have sold mine and will try again. It should do 4.0 ghz at 1.425 dual prime. Anything less is unacceptable.

Good luck!

i dont feel like bumping it up and or messing with it right now. i might lower the voltage one more notch. and its the affinity that i had to set. now its running duals with no problems. both cores are running a full tilt. its definately stable. the good news is that i paid xoxide for the cheapest shipping possible, and its goint to be here tuesday(LOL, even 2 day would have gotten here tuesday) so ill have water probably hooked up tuesday night for testing, and all modded/fit in by friday.

josh478 said:
i dont feel like bumping it up and or messing with it right now. i might lower the voltage one more notch. and its the affinity that i had to set. now its running duals with no problems. both cores are running a full tilt. its definately stable. the good news is that i paid xoxide for the cheapest shipping possible, and its goint to be here tuesday(LOL, even 2 day would have gotten here tuesday) so ill have water probably hooked up tuesday night for testing, and all modded/fit in by friday.

Yea generally I have found if it is goign to fail it will fail within the first 2 hours. If you get past two hours, assuming your temps are good, you are probably fine. Again at that speed and vcore it should be stable.

Surfrat said:
Yea generally I have found if it is goign to fail it will fail within the first 2 hours. If you get past two hours, assuming your temps are good, you are probably fine. Again at that speed and vcore it should be stable.

well, you will be happy to know that it just passed pcmark04 on 1.375v... this is down from 1.425v. going to keep going, but in a little bit.

Pcmark04 isn't my favorite stability tester anymore, it passed all 6 times I ran it when my voltage setting was a little low for the 4.2Ghz. However prime95 errored out.

M Powered said:
Pcmark04 isn't my favorite stability tester anymore, it passed all 6 times I ran it when my voltage setting was a little low for the 4.2Ghz. However prime95 errored out.

Yes I have lost faith in opcmark04 also, although it does give you a good starting point. pcmark04 will pass at lower vcore then prime though.

Surfrat said:
Yes I have lost faith in opcmark04 also, although it does give you a good starting point. pcmark04 will pass at lower vcore then prime though.

Yes, it will.

Funny thing is I had settings where I dual primed for hours but it will not pass PCmark04 :bang head

I guess stability comes when you pass both :)

going for prime now then i guess... will report back in 2 hours lol.

josh478 said:
going for prime now then i guess... will report back in 2 hours lol.

You probably know this too.

Prime is not a good sign of stability also :)

Try running all your favorite apps, play games for as long as possible. Stress everything in your system, not just the CPU.

I had instances where my system would reboot at IDLE.

After passing 9 hours of dual prime, PCmark04, etc, etc.

or playing games it would crash.

I run dual prime for 1 hour max, pcmark04 loop 10 times, and play about 1 hour of battlefield 2 and visit those "spam" websites that open multiple windows :)

Of couse to stress the video, loop 3dmark 06 for a few hours and go have some dinner :)

well, I guess I should be pretty happy with mine then..... :rolleyes:

I have 2 920 (one more in a week or so), both are doing 4ghz @ 1.365v (bios, not under load) on air, could pass pcmark04/05, dual prime, and dual folding 24/7. (tested one of them could do 3.9ghz with 1.34v, will try to lower the v. later when done testing) haven't have a chance to up the fsb more yet....will do later... man, I'm sooo tempting to test them with water..... :rolleyes:

M Powered said:
You probably know this too.

Prime is not a good sign of stability also :)

Try running all your favorite apps, play games for as long as possible. Stress everything in your system, not just the CPU.

I had instances where my system would reboot at IDLE.

After passing 9 hours of dual prime, PCmark04, etc, etc.

or playing games it would crash.

I run dual prime for 1 hour max, pcmark04 loop 10 times, and play about 1 hour of battlefield 2 and visit those "spam" websites that open multiple windows :)

Of couse to stress the video, loop 3dmark 06 for a few hours and go have some dinner :)

i just played battlefield vietnam(i dont have BF2 :( and it runs fine.

im also considering selling my RAM and getting a different(faster, better ocer) brand. these barely overclock any, and im not the best at knowing how to overclock ram other then upping the voltage or setting it to ddr2 600 in bios.

im going to open every single program i have installed on the computer, lets see if that works hehe

my.php

preslers multitask pretty good. all of these were running something through them, either a demo or something.

Back