• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my presler 920 thread, up and running :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M Powered said:
Try Quake 4, I know battlefield 2 "Special Ops" stresses my system a lot.

Hows Vietnam? any good?

its pretty good, i dont play online(i dont know why) but i do huge SP battles. i like it. i dont own quake 4 though. just COD, BFV and BF1942

LandShark said:
well, I guess I should be pretty happy with mine then..... :rolleyes:

I have 2 920 (one more in a week or so), both are doing 4ghz @ 1.365v (bios, not under load) on air, could pass pcmark04/05, dual prime, and dual folding 24/7. (tested one of them could do 3.9ghz with 1.34v, will try to lower the v. later when done testing) haven't have a chance to up the fsb more yet....will do later... man, I'm sooo tempting to test them with water..... :rolleyes:

Yea it seems chips like your are the majority, which is nice. I am hoping for that on my second try :) Where did yours come froma nd what was pack date?

Josh are u still at the 3.6 setting? Is that where u plan to leave it? Could u post a cpuz and prime pics once it has run for an hour or so?

Surfrat said:
Josh are u still at the 3.6 setting? Is that where u plan to leave it? Could u post a cpuz and prime pics once it has run for an hour or so?

yeah, still at 3.640. its priming right now, and i can get a cpuz up. give me a minute.

and no, i plan to up it more. i would like to wait for my watercooling though. ideally, id love to get it to 4.2 stable with less then 1.5v in bios.

Not bad! I got mine to 270 on stock Vcore... To get it Prime stable at 288, I have to run 1.41. I can't, however, get this thing stable at 300 no matter what VCore I throw at it. I've run up to 1.51 and still would fail Prime after 10 minutes. I'm a little perplexed by this because it seemed like an AWSOME chip up until about 290. After that I hit a wall about 5 miles high....

Your's seems like a decent chip and should do well with a little H20.

Well guys it seems that 280-290 FSB 24/7 stable is what can be done with <1.425v. And if you think about it, that's a 1200mhz OC, which gives it more power then the most expensive default clocked Intel EE, Pentium D CPU.

yeah, plus this chip was brand new when i started oc'ing it. now that its had about 4 solid days of use, i think im going to start from scratch and see what stock voltage can get me. ill keep updating as the night goes on.

i hit a MAJOR wall at 3.64 ghz... i successfully booted and did a pcmark04 test at this speed with 1.3375vcore and a max of 39c full load.

after that, i tried 3.713 and it took 1.4v to get a prime stable speed. going to up it a little more and see where 1.4 can take me.

Surfrat said:
Yea it seems chips like your are the majority, which is nice. I am hoping for that on my second try :) Where did yours come froma nd what was pack date?
I got both of mine from ZZF, packing date are 12/22/05 (L541) and 01/06/06 (L543), 2 weeks apart, week 41 and week 43.

just up the fsb on both, the 12/22/05 is doing 288fsb @ 1.375v (refurb'ed P5WD2 from Newegg!! gotta love the price!! :D :attn: ), the 01/06/06 is doing 290fsb @ 1.365v (P5WD2-E), both seems dual prime stable, got pcmark points, and dual folding fine. ;) I really have a "good feeling" on them, especially the 01/06/06 one, really tempting to break the piggy bank and get it w/c'ed.... :cool:

LandShark said:
I got both of mine from ZZF, packing date are 12/22/05 (L541) and 01/06/06 (L543), 2 weeks apart, week 41 and week 43.

just up the fsb on both, the 12/22/05 is doing 288fsb @ 1.375v (refurb'ed P5WD2 from Newegg!! gotta love the price!! :D :attn: ), the 01/06/06 is doing 290fsb @ 1.365v (P5WD2-E), both seems dual prime stable, got pcmark points, and dual folding fine. ;) I really have a "good feeling" on them, especially the 01/06/06 one, really tempting to break the piggy bank and get it w/c'ed.... :cool:

im strongly considering RMAing mine. i know its a pre 06 pack date, i remember that much. i mean, what reasons could i have? i dont want to be dishonest about it, but i dont want a piece of junk chip thats not near as capable as everyone elses.

josh478 said:
im strongly considering RMAing mine. i know its a pre 06 pack date, i remember that much. i mean, what reasons could i have? i dont want to be dishonest about it, but i dont want a piece of junk chip thats not near as capable as everyone elses.

You can't RMA your chip wihtout being dishonest heehhe. put it on Ebay like I did! Mine sold with ease for $235.

Surfrat said:
You can't RMA your chip wihtout being dishonest heehhe. put it on Ebay like I did! Mine sold with ease for $235.

Surfrat - how did you get Bios 704 for your P5WD2-Premium? I'm on the Asus website and it only shows 606.

Surfrat said:

yeah, i think thats what im going to do. i checked out the rma last night and i dont want to go that route, especially if i ever had a real problem. going to see what ebay can get me, but im going to wait to do it until i have to take everything apart for the watercooling to get pics.

M Powered said:
Surfrat - how did you get Bios 704 for your P5WD2-Premium? I'm on the Asus website and it only shows 606.
i posted it in the asus section

Back