• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Q6600 Doesn't OC any more!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imacken

Registered
For about 2 years, I have had my Q6600 on GA-P35C-D3SR OC to 3GHz via Host Frequency 333 x9.
Recently I updated to BIOS F12E and now, no matter what I set in Advanced BIOS, it always sticks @ 2.40 GHz.
Can anyone offer any suggestions - please!

flash back to the old bios.

I try never to update bios versions unless I am having a problem that is specifically adressed in the new version. updating for the sake of updating is a bad idea. half the time they fix something that wasn't a problem for you but creates some new problem such as you are having.

Very worryingly, I went back to F10 BIOS which was the one I used for a couple of years, but still I can't get the CPU to go past the default of 2.4 GHz.
This is weird - any more ideas?

clear the cmos and then overclock

I have made a habit of resetting CMOS after any BIOS updates. Things just seem to go much more smoothly when you do. I also seem to remember clearing CMOS to be the last in the list of directions for every BIOS update I have ever done (which has been rare because in most cases it was unnecessary).

Back