• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Q6600 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just couldn't get 3.6 stable on mine. I tried as high as 1.5325V in bios and it wouldn't stick for stability, so ymmv. Also I had 3.4 running at 380x9 1.48V and 426x8 at 1.52 and I wasn't that happy with the temps at 1.52 (67/62 with small FFT) so I backed down to 380. Plus I could back down a lot of the other voltages a couple notches. Also I'm running a Tuniq Tower which I'm sure has a little bit more capacity than the Freezer 7.

Good luck on hitting 3.6!

I just received a brand new Q6600 today and have begun putting it through the ringer. So far it's been tough to get it much past 3.4ghz.

My old CPU was an E6320 that went close to 540fsb, so the board isn't the likely culprit.

CPU-Z reports 1.42v, should I push the vcore any higher in hopes of additional speed? Temps are 62-61-62-62 using the core-temperature-monitor whatever it's called utility while running Prime small FFT's.

I forgot about this! Being a student does that to you! Tomorrow I'm going to have another crack at 3.6ghz. I've been reading up on temps and safety ranges, the voltages needed etc. I'll be reporting back within a day :)

update:

thats a good VID you will be able to hit 4.0 with good water cooling....not the type u order from a website prebuilt...unless its swifteck but yeah....do you know your batch number? it should be on the box starts with L7 or L8....good luck with it...it def is a heatmonster now i know i dont need a heater in the winter...but im dreading the summer...thats why i think ima build a WC setup in a few weeks

Trickson, that board is infamous for bad OC, eVGA corrected alot with the 780i but that board has nasty FSB problems.

Whoops, forgot to add the whole lot..

Vcore is at 1.5, vfsb (fsb termination?) 1.4v, NB 1.475v, RAM 2.3v

Pencil mod is always an option. But you could certainly use a 60mm fan on that NB. not the crappy loud fan they give you but a 25mm x 60mm ziptied to the NB heatsink. If you havent already removed the stock cooling pcs. on the mobo and replaced the thermal paste with ceramique or AS5 in a very
very small amount.

WARNING: Depending in the manufacturer these instructions may void your warranty.

Pencil mod is always an option.

Could you explain this?

WARNING: Depending in the manufacturer these instructions may void your warranty.

I could give a rats about the warranty. I'll pull the sinks off the nb and sb and replace it with AS5. I'm not sure I need the additional fans as the heatpipes seem to do their thing quite well; Plus there's nearly half a dozen 120mm or larger fans blowing air around in the case.

Graphite voltage stabilization mod for long, Pencil Mod for short, Xtreme Systems had a guide to do your board, if you care not for warranty id definately suggest doing it.

Back