• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Xbox project...sorta ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
long overdue pics!

ok and here are the long overdue pictures!!!
P1000057s.jpg
shot showing I got the front lights working ;)

P1000056s.jpg
top view with CD/HDD removed to show lights, still not sure on thier placement

P1000054s.jpg
side view (left side) Despite the way it looks the CD rom drive is NOT crooked hehe

P1000053s.jpg
Fully assembled with the cover removed. It is VERY tight in here.

Things left to do.

Small cosmetic things like rework the wire management, stuff is really crammed in there and Im hoping to perhaps add a wifi kb/mouse later, but I lack the money/skills to desolder the PS/2 connector to make it happen. Thus voiding the warranty

As well as do something with the top xbox 'crystal' just needs something done to it.

Perhaps look around for better cooling solutions as its slightly on the noisy side (its very quiet but not as quiet as I hoped).

And reformat (what Im doing now) cause the HDD died or something :)

Well Id say thats about it for this project. Just need more money before I do the next one (my first WC! yay!)

Later.
-Pika!

Last edited:
long overdue follow-up post I guess. Finished this project to my liking ages ago and forgot to post :eek:

ITs all in there, staying cool as it can be, HDD just had a hich-up and is working fine now. Regretably my TV died so no 'in action' pics. Thus this project is finished, but shelved until Im able to use it somewhere.

Currently focusing on Folding Rigs as the summer has come and a 90F apt is a bad thing, not to mention about a month ago my car was totalled so I had to buy a new one so now I got a car payment too (original car was bought and paid for so this is the first time Ive had a car payment) The plus side is the insurance is about 600$/6months less than my old car, so I guess I came out ahead. But hopefuly Ill be able to put my Cabinet project in motion soon. (both to fix heat issues and so F(OC)LD doesn't pass me up ;) )

Thanks for all the attention and pointers on this project peeps.

Back