• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a decent fan for the SLK800-U

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok guys tell me if this is good or not. At idle and all the fans turned to max Im getting 42.2c cpu temp and air being sucked into the tornado fan is 35c. Thats a deltaT of 7. For load temps I got 46.5c cpu and the air temp stayed the same. That makes it a 11c deltaT. These temps are taken with a probe touching the cpu and one probe hanging over the cpu fan. How do these temps sound for a stock xp1600 and a 800u with a 80mm tornado fan?

oh yes I love the baybus, I cant believe I waited this long to get one.

Here's a thought....to cut down on the whine of the tornado fan at higher rpm, take off the fan guard. The fan will still be somewhat loud but at least it won't whine anymore. Think about this...the fan is inside of your case usually closed up, so the risk factor with the fingers is nominal. I like my 80 mm tornado just fine. I have it hooked to a controller and I can tailor it to any level I want.
Hope this helps.....

Back