• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

Ok guys im looking for an ATX mid tower case with good air flow. I have the Cooler Master Centeron 5 series for my older computer. Is this a good case or is there better? My budget is $100.

well I have the Leda blackline and I love the lines of it and the fact that is comes with 3 fans. 2 120 mm and a 90mm already. That is just my .02

Check out the CoolerMaster 690. It's a great case with spots for 7 120-140mm fans and has lots of extra options. It's also priced ~$70 at various etailers. It's one of the biggest midtowers available.

Axis

This one is a little flashier, but if you like that kind of look it might be for you:

Sigma Phantom

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811226033

From the pictures, it looks like a Raidmax Smilodon--the same internal bay layout, pop out side panels, fold down mobo tray, and even the side fan bar. The only differences I can spot are that it has a different front door, has red highlights, and has a window that is tinted. Oh, and there's a 120mm fan in the back.

Antec 900 ftw!

awesome case, awesome cooling, awesome looks.
dones't have holes to put psu cables behind the motherboard though
has 4 fans included (3x120mm Antec Blue LED and 1x200mm)
also has fan bracket to cool harddrives and another to mount on the side panel to blow into video card

So the Antec is really expensive but its worth it? Is the cooler Master Centeron still good or is the Antec way better? I looked into the Antec I have one inch left on the side in terms it can barely fit but will fit with only 1/2 inch for room.. Would this be a good case for me?

Last edited:
dont be fooled by a term like 'mini-tower' if you look at it, its really no bigger than a standard mid-tower

its hard to tell someone what case to get, the better idea here would be, goto newegg, look at cases. if you find something you like, ask here for opinions on that case. chances are, someone has the same case and can comment on things such as wire management, airflow, ease of installation, etc.

I would suggest either the CM 690 or the Antec 900.

The Antec is a little more expensive but it feels sturdier that the 690 in my opinion. Although I find cable management to be a little difficult with the 900 unless you have a modular PSU. Its workable though.

They both have good airflow and plenty of space, its really just personal preference

so woudl you say the Antec 900 is the way to go? I was todl the wires fromt he PSU are short and cant reacht he mobo.

so woudl you say the Antec 900 is the way to go? I was todl the wires fromt he PSU are short and cant reacht he mobo.

This can be a problem with bottom mounted PSU cases. Typically it's the 4/8pin power connectors that are typically at the top of the most MBs. NewEgg and the like sell extentions for these plugs. The other power plugs shouldn't have a problem fitting.

Axis

What PSU are you using? My Corsair made it just fine. If you have a decent brand PSU expect that they will reach without needing extensions.

cool hopefully It fits :) Im getting my new mobo, CPU and PSU tommorow. All I need to wait for is the case and RAM

cool hopefully It fits :) Im getting my new mobo, CPU and PSU tommorow. All I need to wait for is the case and RAM

Sweet, please post back on your thoughts about the case. I've converted MANY people to CM cases in general and most to the 690. All have been very impressed with their layout and great airflow. I always like to hear back to see how my recommendations have been taken. It sounds like several people in this thread would be interested to hear your opinion.

Axis

Back