• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need A new MOBO.. Questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M-Bonez

Registered
Hey,

So I just purchased my new Phenom 9600. Currently all I need in terms of power is what I have purchased (9600 and 4gb 800 ram etc etc.). However I got a Mobo that is not really the greatest in terms of future proofing. I am going to return it and purchase a new board... but this is where I am stuck... I would like it to be compatible with all up coming CPUs (the current PII and later?) and have at least the potential for 8 GB of ram. The board I have picked is a Biostar TA790GX 128M Motherboard . I was wondering if this was a good choice, or if anyone has any recommendations.

What is your price range?

And I personally only go with Gigabyte and Asus motherboards. They are the best for their money and are rock solid boards.

Hey,

So I just purchased my new Phenom 9600. Currently all I need in terms of power is what I have purchased (9600 and 4gb 800 ram etc etc.). However I got a Mobo that is not really the greatest in terms of future proofing. I am going to return it and purchase a new board... but this is where I am stuck... I would like it to be compatible with all up coming CPUs (the current PII and later?) and have at least the potential for 8 GB of ram. The board I have picked is a Biostar TA790GX 128M Motherboard . I was wondering if this was a good choice, or if anyone has any recommendations.

That's a solid board. That would be in the top of my list.

Hey,

A very good Gigabyte board:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128387

If you'd like on-board video:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128384

Back