• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED A Pre Built

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

hi guys i have a buddy in the US, minnesota, and his dad is going to buy him a new PC but it has to be a Pre built he wants to spend no more that
1500$US on the rig (no mouse keyboard speckers or screen, BUT if its a good deal he might be able to push his dad some more he doesnt think he has room for a CRT.

that said its used for games mainly but he has to be able to do home work on it so if it come with free software GREAT and he might wana do some small home video editing later down the road.
But mainly games.

so 1500$US
u guys know of any thing? :eh?:

I would suggest Dell really, for something affordable, perhaps Alienware for something more gaming orientated. Or get him to go to a local PC store. They are usually pretty good price wise, although will not be better than online vendors.

ok guys dell is a no no for him.
he doesnt wana be like DUDE I GOT A DELL!!!!! he wants to be like this thing kicks ***!
just no dell or hp or ibm ect dont want that crap, sorry :{D

ATX MEDIUM TOWER CASE 350 WATT (SILVER) (800Mhz FSB) Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU @ 2.8GHz 512K w/ Hyper Threading *(DDR400-800MHz FSB)ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE I875PE 800MHz FSB 8X AGP 1GB (512MBx2) PC3200 DDR400 Memory (Corsair_XMS) Seagate 120GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache NONE - Hard Drive ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB DDR AGP 8X W/ TV-OUT & DVI SONY 16X DVD-ROM (SILVER) NU DDW081 DVDRW/CDRW DRIVE (SILVER) ViewSonic® VE500 15 Inch (2Tones-Silver/Black) ACTIVE MATRIX TFT LCD MONITOR Creative Labs SB AUDIGY 5.1 W/ 1394 IEEE

well with the keyboard mouse and speakers its about 1800$(at that link i custome made a pc in there web site)
so with tax waht 1900 400$ extra well just tell his dad thats how mutch screens cost these days! (true though

^^ exactly :) or give him a list of what hardware to ge t- call his loca compute shops - find a place that will build it and off u go.

Agent_Mull said:
I would suggest www.cyberpowerpc.com. I orderd my computer from them b4 i knew how to build one.

I second that. I've bought 3 computers from them. They are always built well and they have awsome customer service. Of course nothing beats building it yourself though.

Maybe you can save some cash and go with the AMD. Did this config on www.cyberpowerinc.com

*BASE_PRICE: [+417]
CAS: (NEW !!!) TURBO X-INFINITY Case 420W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display [+21] (SILVER COLOR)
CD: ARTEC 16X DVD ROM [+26] (SILVER COLOR [+9])
CDRW: (Special Price) 12X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE [+58] (SILVER COLOR [+9])
CPU: AMD Athlon XP-2700+ Processor [+8]
FAN: AMD CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK + 3 EXTRA CASE FANS [+9]
FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE [+0] (SILVER COLOR [+7])
HDD: Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache -- Cyberpower Recommended [+40]
KEYBOARD: Microsoft® Wireless Desktop w/ Wireless Internet Keyboard & Mouse [+43]
MOUSE: PS2 INTERNET MOUSE W/ WHEEL [+0] (SILVER COLOR [+0])
MOTHERBOARD: ABit NF7-S nForce2 ULTRA 400FSB SATA AGP8X w/ RAID, LAN, USB2.0, & Audio [+46]
MEMORY: 512 MB (256MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY [+47] (Standard Major Brand)
MONITOR: (SILVER/BLACK) AOPEN 15" LCD 2TONE TFT LCD MONITOR [+325]
PRINTER: EPSON STYLUS C64 COLOR INKJET PRINTER [+79]
PRINTER_CABLE: 6-FT USB A/B Printer Cable [+15]
SPEAKERS: (Black) Logitech Z-640 5.1 Configuration Subwoofer Speaker System [+64]
VIDEO: ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB DDR AGP 8X W/ TV-OUT & DVI [+201]

_PRICE: (+1513)

If he isn't gonna upgrade for a while I'd say go 1gb RAM for sure...and go with a 17" LCD...if your gonna spend the money, get something good. Also don't order it from there, order the LCD seperate (from newegg or something) his dad probably won't have a problem with that. Also...
Consider Dell. People around here bash them because we can build things much faster and cheaper....but your not gonna find other retailers that offer the overall support, quality, and performance of Dell. It's not just thier stupid (seem stupid...but everyone knows that saying...so I'd say that's a pretty damn good ad) ad that keeps them in buisness.

You can check and configure a setup if you want, if he's trying to be a non-comformist and be anti-Dell....his loss.

i dont think i will recomend the amd sytem because it is just well it cant run ddr400 it doesnt have a 800fsb any way amd is back in the single channle world while intle is up in the dual channle world so i dont want him to have to upgrade again.
ya i have heard 2 get the lcd from newegg any one recomend somthing that is cheap but still good and is 17"???????????form newegg?
linky plz

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=24-014-053&depa=1

No DVI, but it's been getting great reviews (here and on newegg), 375+18 shipping. The better DVI ones are in the 450-500 range, checkout the image displays section for more info.

Also single channel/ dual channel is just really for benchmarking gurus... Go by performance scores, not fancy high FSB, and other stuff. If this is a gaming system, A64 is the way to go. If you get a A64 3000+ or p4 3.0ghz, 1gb of RAM, and a good video-card (9800np or 5900 are min.) and this system will fly for a few years and won't need to be upgraded.

syberspy9 said:
i dont think i will recomend the amd sytem because it is just well it cant run ddr400 it doesnt have a 800fsb any way amd is back in the single channle world while intle is up in the dual channle world so i dont want him to have to upgrade again.
ya i have heard 2 get the lcd from newegg any one recomend somthing that is cheap but still good and is 17"???????????form newegg?
linky plz

Actually AMD does run dual channel.

OK my bad so 1% of AMD run dual channel w00t!!!!! for AMD (NOT)
lol as im saying this im buily my self a AMD 2600+mobile that runs low volts so i can oc it on this sp97 lol

any way INTEL is the way for this guys ( a intel C that is 800fsb 512k not 1MB OMFG THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

One way to save a little cash would be to skip the micro$oft wireless keyboard and get a standard one like Fujitsu Model #FKB8729. You could save a few more bucks by not getting the computer speakers and use a small home stereo amp and speakers instead, then buy the fancy speakers latter, (or put them on yer Santa list in a couple months!)

Good luck!

Back