• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED NEED ADVICE ASAP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OCP is over current protection. You PSU "has" OCP.
If it worked though it would have seen the short and shut off the whole PSU.

Hmm I see what you mean.

Must have been a small short.
But I have read over @ johnnyguru that some PSU's claimed they had OCP but they actually didn't.

I can't really open mine up becasue it has a warranty sticker over one screw :-/

Here's the model number of the PSU you wanted earilier:
RS-600-ACAA-B1

I doubt it was a short, just a prolonged overloading of those specific pins due to power draw from mining with multiple cards. Pharaoh should feel those connectors with his fingers to make sure they don't get hot.

Can't find too much about it.
Cooler Master isn't exactly known for good PSUs in the first place, and this is an entry-level unit.

Just my $0.02
I've experienced crap PSUs, I won't do it again.

Can't find too much about it.
Cooler Master isn't exactly known for good PSUs in the first place, and this is an entry-level unit.

Just my $0.02
I've experienced crap PSUs, I won't do it again.

I hear ya.

I'm not gonna lie, it was on sale $10 off + had a $20 MIR. So it ran me $50 CAD with taxes after I got the MIR....

Corsair PSU next time? :D

Corsair is good, but there are many better options.

Yeah lot of companies making PSU s now :-/

So I did some digging into my PSU to find it's real manufacturer, but it actually turns out that CoolerMaster themselves made my PSU... :shrug:

Might be a bad thing might be not....

EDIT: Here's the 80+ test report on it if it matters. http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/psu_reports/COOLER MASTER_RS-600-ACAA-B1_600W_ECOS 3424_Report.pdf

So, is it safe to continue using this PSU? Rock solid so far, no glitches wires on the ATX plug are not hot, so smoke, no sparks, no burnt smell.

I doubt Coolermaster would accept an RMA becasue it is working fine.

That's not comforting...
Usually good units come from Seasonic, CWT, and a few others.

That's not comforting...
Usually good units come from Seasonic, CWT, and a few others.

That's not comforting me either now...

But I don't really have much of a choice. I just can't afford a new PSU. That mobo was more than I wanted to spend anyway :-/

PSU OEM list

Cooler Master isn't even listed there, but the UL Cert points to them making this.
See if you can get hooked up with Oklahoma Wolf to get a good unit. He's in Canada, just saying.

PSU OEM list

Cooler Master isn't even listed there, but the UL Cert points to them making this.
See if you can get hooked up with Oklahoma Wolf to get a good unit. He's in Canada, just saying.

Good idea :)

For now though I'm going to use my Coolermaster.
Though I will keep a very close eye on it.

Hmm I see what you mean.

Must have been a small short.
But I have read over @ johnnyguru that some PSU's claimed they had OCP but they actually didn't.

I can't really open mine up becasue it has a warranty sticker over one screw :-/

Here's the model number of the PSU you wanted earilier:
RS-600-ACAA-B1
That power supply is made by Enhance Electronics.

I have no idea how good their company or manufacturing is though, and I've actually never heard of them. :shrug:

Found it here under "G-Series".

I hear ya.

I'm not gonna lie, it was on sale $10 off + had a $20 MIR. So it ran me $50 CAD with taxes after I got the MIR....

Corsair PSU next time? :D

Corsair's not a bad place to start on PSU's.

I've owned a bunch of their units and have had no major problems (aside from one that had the bearings go out on the fan). Still do own several of them, have one powering my main PC (an HX750) and another in my backup PC (HX520).

Last edited:
That power supply is made by Enhance Electronics.

I have no idea how good their company or manufacturing is though, and actually I've never heard of them.

Found it here under "G-Series".

Corsair's not a bad place to start on PSU's.

I've owned a bunch of their units and have had no major problems (aside from one that had the bearings go out on the fan). Still do own several of them, have one powering my main PC (an HX750) and another in my backup PC (HX520).

Thanks for that link!

Odd though, the connectors look different, bu the amperage ans watts are the same as mine...

So the real question is: Is Enhance Electronics any good..?

Oh, another question I forgot:

This new mobo has 2 slots for CPU power connectors (you know the extra 12volts for the CPU right?) I only plugged in 1 of the connectors becasue that's what the old mobo had.

Should I plug in the other one? Or will that simply fry my CPU?
I'll probably just leave it alone, I mean it is prime95 stable, but I am curious to know the answer.

Oh, another question I forgot:

This new mobo has 2 slots for CPU power connectors (you know the extra 12volts for the CPU right?) I only plugged in 1 of the connectors becasue that's what the old mobo had.

Should I plug in the other one? Or will that simply fry my CPU?
I'll probably just leave it alone, I mean it is prime95 stable, but I am curious to know the answer.

Basically the extra four pins (in an 8-pin CPU power connector, otherwise known as an EPS 12V connector) are designed to add more wattage and/or amperage under load, in case the CPU needs it in order to remain stable. Which can be helpful if overclocking, going for high overclocks, or if you often have your PC under heavy loads (benchmarking, mining, folding, etc.)

I'd recommend you connect all eight pins, since you do mining with your rig regularly.

You shouldn't have to worry about it frying anything, assuming you are talking about the 8-pin CPU 12v power connector.

Basically the extra four pins (in an 8-pin CPU power connector, otherwise known as an EPS 12V connector) are designed to add more wattage and/or amperage under load, in case the CPU needs it in order to remain stable. Which can be helpful if overclocking, going for high overclocks, or if you often have your PC under heavy loads (benchmarking, mining, folding, etc.)

I'd recommend you connect all eight pins, since you do mining with your rig regularly.

You shouldn't have to worry about it frying anything, assuming you are talking about the 8-pin CPU 12v power connector.

Yes. The PSU has 2 CPU power connectors, they are 4 pin connectors 2 black, 2 yellow.

I ran Prime95 Large FFT for 1 hour without issues on just the one 4 pin connector plugged in.

Plus I undervolted the CPU a few hours ago (I re-read your i5-2400 thread, useful stuff TT :thup: ) and it has been folding stable for hours.

Maybe I can just get away with just one?
But if you say it won't fry the CPU I might just plug in the second one tomorrow...

So the real question is: Is Enhance Electronics any good..?
They make these PSU

Enhance, Akasa, some Silverstone (Element and Strider), some Xclio (Stable Power), some NorthQ, some higher-wattage Zalman, some Asus, most Q-Technology, Some higher-wattage Cooler Master Real Power Pro units.

Definitely plug them both in. It is apparent that you need as much current as possible.

Yes. The PSU has 2 CPU power connectors, they are 4 pin connectors 2 black, 2 yellow.

I ran Prime95 Large FFT for 1 hour without issues on just the one 4 pin connector plugged in.

Plus I undervolted the CPU a few hours ago (I re-read your i5-2400 thread, useful stuff TT :thup: ) and it has been folding stable for hours.

Maybe I can just get away with just one?
But if you say it won't fry the CPU I might just plug in the second one tomorrow...

Cool, glad I could be helpful.

What did you settle on for your vCore out of curiosity?

Probably could, usually good to have the extra four pins just in case though, especially considering your normal usage of your PC with heavy power loads while mining. Plus it balances the power load a bit better if you have the power coming from two sets of four wires rather than just one, which can help reduce chances of melting wires or connectors (on the CPU power side anyway).

I built an AMD socket AM3 rig with a Phenom II X4 back in 2010 and only connected one four pin connector and it's still running. It only does basic internet browsing and email though, so not a lot of heavy usage going on with that one.

Last edited:
Cool, glad I could be helpful.

What did you settle on for your vCore out of curiosity?

Probably could, usually good to have the extra four pins just in case though, especially considering your normal usage of your PC with heavy power loads while mining.

I built an AMD socket AM3 rig with a Phenom II X4 back in 2010 and only connected one four pin connector and it's still running. It only does basic internet browsing and email though, so not a lot of heavy usage going on with that one.

I set it to 1.16 in the BIOS (Since when did BIOS's come with mouse support????)

But it shows up as 1.336 volts in Hwmonitor an 1.086 volts in Cpu-z :screwy: :shrug:

EDIT: Oh yeah, when I get home from college tomorrow, I'm going to try to tighten my RAM timings. I'm not expecting 7 CL or miracles (Since it's a set ofSamsung RAM with a set of Elpida based RAM)

Back