• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Advice - New System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scann69

It has been a long time since i updated myself on water cooling systems. I'm going to build a new system and i have decided that i will get this cooler master casing. (http://www.coolermaster-europe.com/...rial=RC-534&other_title=+RC-534+Centurion 534)

I'm going to be building a Pentium system and intend to overclock it again....as always :) but am wondering which water cooling system to use.

Question 1: Which would be a better water cooling system?

1. Thermaltake (http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Liguid/DIY/cl-w0075/cl-w0075.asp)

2. Gigabyte (http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Cooler/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2125&ProductName=GH-WIU01)

Question 2: With about the same budget, if i get a customized cooling system, what will the parts and brand be assuming i want a standard simple cooling system.

Question 3: Will either cooling system fit into the cooler master casing?

I know i can probably read the threads posted in this forum to get the answer but i do hope somebody can give me a direct answer cos i really don't feel like reading all the hundreds of threads posted to find out. I've been really out of touch with computer systems lately. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

It's probably something not too nice but i still want to find out....what is LMAO & SBA?

Is that all the help i can get from here?

Well I recomend to go with the best of air cooling over low end water cooling. Theres a list of parts in sticky at the top of forum, but off the top of my head for mid range water cooling: apogee water block ($45) black ice pro 2 radiator ($45) pumps.. not sure of a mid level pump, I'm getting mcp655 ($75) make sure your fittings are 1/2'' inner diameter and 3/4'' outer diameter and go with about 10 feet of tygon tubing a danger den fill port res a T - Line and about 10 c-clamps. If you want video card cooling get a maze4. Read up on the topic, people will be happy to answer your questions as long as you have read through the forums and have done research.

Question 1 - Honestly most prebuilt h20 setups are usually garbage. I would avoid them and build your own

Question 2 - Without knowing your exact budget (lets just say $150 USD), i would go with a good swiftech or danger den setup with a cpu block, dual 120mm fan rad, d5 pump, clearflex tubing, and either a T fitting or resivour

Question 3 - If you can post us some pics of your exact case i am sure we can help figure out if you can fit an entire (or partcial) h20 setup in your case.

I personally am not the most knowledgable person with h20, but i have built about 4 setups for myself. I was successful at making sure they all fit inside the case (which i only used smaller mid-tower cases) with a single 120mm rad.

Last edited:
It might also be helpful (if you haven't done so already) to check out the stickies here and here. Tons of good info can be found.

Good luck, and as usual, if you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Mr.Guvernment said:
^^^ he doesnt want to read the stickies.

O rly?

I read something totally different in his post.

...i really don't feel like reading all the hundreds of threads posted to find out...

I suggested he read the stickies. Last time I looked, there were not hundreds of sticky threads. Do you really expect someone to read hundreds of threads? I surely do not.

Perhaps you should take a little more time reading the OP's post. That or if you do not want to be bothered to help, stand aside and give those who do want to contribute the room to do so.

I've read from the forums that the high end swiftech kit is not bad (the one with the storm cpu block and mcp655) but that is the "high end" so it might be a bad choice for your budget. I would suggest the Apogee and MCP655 or MCP350 which is a little quieter. I think with the case you posted you can easily fit a single radiator in there, a dual if you get creative maybe depedning on how many drives and stuff you have in there

Thanx guys for the advice. I've just found a shop that has all this parts to sell. I'm going down later this week to choose and pick my selection but i'm guessing the swiftech pump is a must. I've heard alot about it. Will update this thread as i build my system. I'm sure i'm going to hit a wall or something is sure to happen and i would need further advice again. Hoping not to spend more then $250 cos i stil need to get the casing & other hardware.

Scann69 said:
It's probably something not too nice but i still want to find out....what is LMAO & SBA?

Is that all the help i can get from here?
As you will notice, my post containing the above acronyms has been removed by the mod for being, shall we say, unkind? I have discussed this with him. and I am, well, satisfied.

Scann69, please don't think I am in any way making light of your questions, they are reasonable enough, and are expected in a forum on such an essoteric topic as watercooling. My dig is with the posters trying to answer your question. Not a single "fact" has been stated. No C/W curves, No D/t's, no PQ curves. Not even any linkies as to what these are! You're just getting alot of other peoples opinions, not the facts you need to make a decision on a kit. The best we can do is to send you to the places where you can find the info you need, and hope that you can figure out how to get it without too much trouble.

Last edited:
billb said:
As you will notice, my post containing the above acronyms has been removed by the mod for being, shall we say, unkind? I have discussed this with him. and I am, well, satisfied.

Scann69, please don't think I am in any way making light of your questions, they are reasonable enough, and are expected in a forum on such an essoteric topic as watercooling. My dig is with the posters trying to answer your question. Not a single "fact" has been stated. No C/W curves, No D/t's, no PQ curves. Not even any linkies as to what these are! You're just getting alot of other peoples opinions, not the facts you need to make a decision on a kit. The best we can do is to send you to the places where you can find the info you need, and hope that you can figure out how to get it without too much trouble.

Thank for the reply. Well, i guess many are bored with answering questions like mine. Some mentioned models and brands to look for which i'm familiar with so it's not a problem.

Has anybody heard or used this set before? What is the responds and results for this? I don't seem to be able to find anything about this particular kit. If it's good then i won't want to pick and choose.

Link: http://www.cool-trek.com/vostok.asp

Scann69 said:
Hope I'm helping!

If the manufacturer does not supply data, such as the attached, there is no way to accurately predict the cooling potential of a kit. You end up doing what you are doing..."Anybody use this?". Without knowing what their cooling loads are, their answers are irrevalant.

Kits are not a bad thing, It's an acceptable way to get your feet wet in watercooling (pun intended!). Many people start out with kits, myself included (1-A Cooling Blacklord Power Unit). I added a TDX block, a chipset block and NV68 GPU blocks before I figured out that my cooling loads could be delt with much better with "Custom" parts. The point is that if you're going to OC with WCing, you're going to use parts that you put together yourself. The installation is the same as a kit, it's just parts that you pick instead of parts that someone else picks. You could, if you study enough, put together some parts that will give you far better OC's than a kit.

Either way though, is a pleasant adventure.

Attachments

• Curves.jpg
    Curves.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Thanx billb. I figured that it was probably not worth thinking about cos i went through the website and it does not give much info. The shop sales person was really hard selling me that kit as it was the last one. I told him i'll check out the reviews first and to my surprise, there are none at all.

How do you guys decide what to buy from the shop. Just the CPU block, they have easily 6 different types. Rad they have about 3 different single rad and 2 different double rad. Pump......that is easy to decide cos the best is still the Swiftech but the price.....scary. The i got to figure if i want the 3/8, 1/4 or 1/2 pipes. Apart from that, i'm on a budget.......i got a feeling i'll end up buying a HSF.

Just sharing how lost i am at present :bang head

Scann69 said:
Just sharing how lost i am at present :bang head
Ah! The clouds are always darkest before the storm....No. no. that's before the sun comes out!

The method for picking custon systems is, in reality, simple, but time comsuming. Estimate the heat load of the parts of your computer you wish to cool. Estimate the flow resistance of the blocks, rad, rez, and tubing. Choose a pump that will give you the flow you need with a radiator that will remove the heat load. All this information is readily available from WC and parts mfgr's sites.

The gods of water cooling are at Procooling.com. I guarantee that if you spend a week reading posts there you will know more about WCing than 95% of the people that are responding to you here. The people at Procooling are very friendly too. Start reading at threads started by Cathar. You can also read some articles on Overclockers.com. Have you found this right here on this forum? http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=369416

As I said though, either way leads to a pleasurable experience, just better cooling if you do it yourself.

Back