• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on Q9450 @ 3.6Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
can you set to a performance level of 10? is the cpu gtl what it is at when you do it manually or do you have more you can choose from?

performance level can be set to 10.

My GTL 0/2 can be set from .370-.760 by increments of .05.
1/3 goes from .410-.800 by increments of .05.

Right now they are set to what the bios says is "standard". It isn't on auto though.

try your PLL at 1.55 set your GTL at .67 for 0/2 and leave 1/3 at the same setting. then try clockign it some more that should help.

Here is what I have:

CPU v = 1.250
0/2 and 1/3 gtl = .67
pll = 1.56 (increments of 2 so i cant do 1.55)
FSBv = 1.20
NBv = 1.25
NB gtl = .61
SBv = 1.05
Common performance level = 10

It booted to windows desktop this time with no BSOD, but it failed large ftf prime after only a minute or so.

dont use large TTF's use small, using large goes to ram.. blend tests cpu/ram/nb... ok so up your fsbv another notch, close to 1.25 or 1.3 if possible. you may need to change the ram ratio...

Ok so while I was waiting for your response I changed my NB gtl to .67, and put my CPUv to 1.30. I'm stable so far in small ftf for 5 minutes. I might drop the vcore down to 1.27 and up the FSBv like you said to see if it effects temps at all.

idle @ 36
load @ 54

Evilsizer:

With your help I am actually getting somewhere now lol. With these settings i am getting 25 minutes of small fft on prime.

CPU 1.275
GTL .67
pll 1.56
FSBv 1.28
NB 1.25
SB 1.05
common performance 10

I tried the FSB at 1.30 and only got 14 minutes, and then i tried it at 1.26, and again only got 14 minutes. I'm testing right now with FSB @ 1.28 and I upped NBv to 1.29. small fft is stable so far for 17 minutes.

EDIT:

I've been stable here for an hour and 10 minutes.

Capture-1.jpg

Last edited:
now it looks like you may need a touch more cpu voltage to reach 3.4ghz, may even be able to get 3.6ghz...

Yep thast what I was thinking. I should be able to get to 3.4 @ 1.29v, hopefully get to 3.6Ghz @ 1.3ish.

Anyway, i'm at work right now, but when I left it was still stable, 2hrs and counting. When I get back if it is still stable it will have been 5 hours.

Just got back from work. I'm still error free after 6 hours of small fft. Haven't broke 53c. Right now I'm holding at 51c. I'll attempt to get up to 3.4Ghz tonight.

Now I just gotta get my ram figured out, bc I cant pass any of the p95 tests that have ram included (blend/large fft).

I have another thread started in the memory section so I don't hijack this thread any worse than I already did.

Back