• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need an offset voltage tutorial. Specifically ASUS ROG boards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrisjames61

Lets say my goal is to be at 1.456 vcore at full load. Yet I want the vcore at a lower yet still stable level at idle. What is the best way to figure out the offset? Should I set it low and use a + offset or set it high and use a - offset. I would need to know my optimum idle vcore first? I don't want my voltage to stay pegged which it seems it is even with all the power saving stuff enabled. Thanks guys.

Check you stock VID, let's say it's 1.35v. If you want 1.45v, you put a +0.1v offset. That's it!

On the Asus CHVZ you'd set manually desired voltage and LLC at Ultra High (not extreme) and will would hold steady at desired 1.456v.

Don't use offset.

/end tutorial.

I don't want my voltage to stay pegged which it seems it is even with all the power saving stuff enabled.

Won't happen.

What I do is use AISuite. When I'm away enable EPU power saving. Sets clocks to 1400mhz / .880v

When needed power, set AISuite EPU to performance mode and BAM, OC enabled.

Here's a read on what I've already exampled for a fella at EOCF. You'll see my two screen shots on the second page. http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?p=4159045#post4159045 However, I am using auto on the voltage, I'm not really overclocked running stable at 4.7ghz all cores. This keeps my voltage from being "pegged"

Last edited:
Check you stock VID, let's say it's 1.35v. If you want 1.45v, you put a +0.1v offset. That's it!
This is basically how I did it and it works fine for me. Just need to make sure you have windows power management set to balanced.

Back