• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help ASAP...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L2pOrCry

Registered
Yesterday i tried to overclock my cpu from 3,2 ghz to 4,0 ghz. i was all ready for the overclocking and started simply to try. before this i had watched turtorials and done more reasearch about the cpu and mobo. i restarted the pc and all i get now is bluescreen of death. i cant do anything accpet watching the blue screen coming. some body explain what i can do ?
:confused::confused::confused:

Read the manual for your unknown to us mobo and find out where to clear the CMOS and do so.

Your vague post about your issue reminds me of when I used to pick up the phone and the person on the other end, said that their car would not start and asked what was the problem. Humh? The list of what can be a problem when there is no information given about the problem...well that list is HUGELY. Luck man.
RGone...ster.

Mobo:MSI 870A-G54 2010\2011 version
CPU: AMD phenom II X6 1090T black edition
Memory: 2 terra
Power Supply: Silver power SP-SS500 500 W PSU ATX
Video card:gainward gtx 760 2GB Physx\ only one
8 ram
windows 7
great case with 9 fans.
If you need more information just tell me

Read in the manual for MSI 870A-G54 2010\2011 version and in the location where they describe clearing the CMOS and do as they describe to clear the CMOS.

Good luck pushing that CPU to 4GHz on a motherboard with a 4+1 VRM setup, if you get there it won't be stable.

but guys, the cpu overclocking is not the problem anymore. the problem is the blue screen i get everytime i start my pc. i can ofc try to rastore many changes but ive allready tried and nothing happen.

look in the manual, it will most likly be in the motherboard connectors section.

but guys, the cpu overclocking is not the problem anymore. the problem is the blue screen i get everytime i start my pc. i can ofc try to rastore many changes but ive allready tried and nothing happen.

Did you get the CMOS cleared? Its clearly explained in the motherboard manual how to do so.

Page #32 of the downloaded 7599v3.2(G52-75991XP)(870A-G54_870U-G54).pdf manual for that mobo describes clearing the CMOS and a caution.

I tried to restart the CMOS with the jumper but nothing really changed. What now ? I still get blue screen.

Last edited:
Try taking the battery out of the motherboard & turning the PS off at the back. Waiting about a minute replace the battery & turn on the PS. This is all done with the jumper in the clear CMOS position.

Yesterday i tried to overclock my cpu from 3,2 ghz to 4,0 ghz. i was all ready for the overclocking and started simply to try. before this i had watched turtorials and done more reasearch about the cpu and mobo. i restarted the pc and all i get now is bluescreen of death. i cant do anything accpet watching the blue screen coming. some body explain what i can do ?
:confused::confused::confused:

Use THIS guide to overclock your Phenom II. I have same processor and just replaced same Motherboard. I was able to get it to 3.7 with that combo with a decent aftermarket cooler (Zalman CNPS9700LED). It is best to follow that guide step by step and incremently increase your clock like it says. I know it's a big read but everything in there is pertinent.

Luck

:popcorn:

Last edited:
"Blaylock" he cannot follow any guide at the moment. He tried overclock to about 4.0Ghz and had issues and now his system will not boot into winders at all. No overclockie at all. No winders even.
RGone...ster.

I tried to restart the CMOS with the jumper but nothing really changed. What now ? I still get blue screen.
Did you take the jumper which is on pins 1 and 2 and swap it to pins 2 and 3 with the power supply unplugged? Then swap the jumper back to pins 1 and 2 plug the power supply back in and try to re boot the system? Or are you trying to restart the pc with the jumper on pins 2 and 3?

I was wondering the same thing since no one told him to switch it back.

Back