• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help ASAP...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mouse, keyboard, hdmi and power is the only thing to the pc right now. Still doesnt work

Try using only 1 stick of ram in the primary slot.

Could you explain the steps to preform this to me ? i am new to this

Take all the ram out ecxept one stick and put it in the first ram slot on the board. Then see if it will start. Test each stick in this manner.

1. According to searching that pos board (MSI 970A-G43) may indeed not have a real set of clear CMOS pins. IE: jumper.

2. Just the xxxxxxx7E code without the other 4 sets of number codes could be just about anything.

3. He may have Windows installed in AHCI mode or IDE and if not the same now as when installed then BSOD.

4. Just pumping up to 4.0Ghz on that board might have hurt a stick of ram.

5. Overclock could have scrambled a system file or a driver file causing BSOD.

6. Has booting of computer INTO safe mode been tried which should bypass a full driver use at bootup?

1. According to searching that pos board (MSI 970A-G43) may indeed not have a real set of clear CMOS pins. IE: jumper.

2. Just the xxxxxxx7E code without the other 4 sets of number codes could be just about anything.

3. He may have Windows installed in AHCI mode or IDE and if not the same now as when installed then BSOD.

4. Just pumping up to 4.0Ghz on that board might have hurt a stick of ram.

5. Overclock could have scrambled a system file or a driver file causing BSOD.

6. Has booting of computer INTO safe mode been tried which should bypass a full driver use at bootup?

Not yet that I'm aware of. That IDE/AHCI is a good possibility depending on what the default setting is.

Ive tried to take 1 ram at a time now, but still the same old BSOD. any other idea guys ?

If your having him try one stick of ram at time produces NO different symptoms then I expect the bios is n0t corrupted and the ram is good. He would then have a corrupt file in the O/S and if he cannot get into Winders in Safe Mode, then he might as well get ready to REinstall winders as I doubt he has a backed-up image file to return to a previous non-dorked state.
RGone...

One last question before the operation. How do i REinstall windows, and how long will this process be ?

One thing that RGone mentioned about AHCI and IDE. I assume you didn't build this system? So go into your bios and look for something to do with sata setting in the advanced section either Southbridge controller section or on board section. Consult your manual for this. What you are looking for specifically is the option to switch from IDE to AHCI mode.

How do i get into BIOS ?

From post #28
The whole proscess was very short. all i did was to go into BIOS and set the mhz until it gets to 4 mhz.
You said you went into the BIOS here and now you say "how do I get into the BIOS"?

I'm totally confused now, if you don't know how to get into the BIOS, how did you overclock it in the BIOS? How do you know it's not still overclocked in the BIOS?

Ok I looked up your manual, to enter BIOS hold the Delete key while the system is posting the bios shhould show up. Click on the settings box then select advanced. In this section you'll want the Integrated peripherals select and hit enter.Then go to SATA and put it in AHCI mode. Looks like your MOBO defaults to IDE

msi.JPG

How do i get into BIOS ?

:facepalm:

Okay...

Depending on the maker of the motherboard, there are different keys you should press to access BIOS

Some motherboard manufacturers use the "Del" key while others use F2, or F9, or another key.

When you power on your computer, you should see a message displayed that states something to the effect of:

"Press ___ to enter BIOS"

As soon as you see that message, press the key they say to.

It will take you to the BIOS

From there, you should have the option to load Default settings. Do that, and save the changes to BIOS.

The computer will then restart with the factory defaults set.

I press f11 before startup i get into MSI MAINBOARD SETTINGS where i can overclock and do what i want with the cpu. i simply dont think that this is BIOS. so yes i overclocked with my mobo system

Did you buy that computer assembled from a small computer shop? Did you buy it over the internet? Did some friend help in buying the parts and pieces and do most of the put-together for you?

I ask because you seriously need to learn about what you have for a computer before you run off into overclocking. Plus jumps from 3200/3600Mhz up to 4.0Ghz or so are never never a good idea and I know of n0 tutorial that would suggest such a huge overclocking jump in one move.

. Plus jumps from 3200/3600Mhz up to 4.0Ghz or so are never never a good idea and I know of n0 tutorial that would suggest such a huge overclocking jump in one move.

I could write one up for ya :clap:
How To Overclock the Easy Way.
See I already have a title :rofl::rofl:

Back