• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help ASAP...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
L2 that link you posted is your bios and that is what you should use to OC. HOWEVER, what we are advising to you is to follow the guide and bring your system speed up slowly, incrementally, checking for stability along the way. Failure to do this can and eventually will turn you rig into a great paper weight.

Peace.

I can always wait for Christmas and wait for a i7 4820k

That sounds awesome man. We don't work with Intel overclocks in general. Just raise the multiplier and add Vcore and job done. Not much to it. Might be just right for some and easier for the masses.
RGone...ster.

Last try at helping you! If you want to use the motherboards overclocking tool so be it. Yes you may have the same problems again. Give a man a fish....teach a man to fish! Which do you want? :facepalm:

Ditto

i want to learn to fish myself, but i dont want to break my fishing rope. Maybe its just better to take the fish until i learn it properly.

i want to learn to fish myself, but i dont want to break my fishing rope. Maybe its just better to take the fish until i learn it properly.
If you want to learn properly, read the Dolks Guide that I linked for you. It will at least help you grasp the concept of what we will be talking about. Try to really get a hold of it and then ask questions if you're unsure. We are more then willing to help, but it is difficult to help someone through a keyboard and internet line. Therefore, reading, and providing the information we ask, is essential in order for us to help you.

I'm sorry. But I don't think a 1090T can handle 2TB of memory. Nor is there an AM2+/3/3+ mobo that supports it. I may be wrong though.

Some call HDDs memory and memory Ram. Just a mix of terms.

i have a problem with my cpu. Core speed is actually 3200 mhz, but it is on 799 and 1599 mhz. what is the problem with this ?

For lack of information, I would assume that you're checking the speed with no load and all the green stuff is on in the BIOS so your CPU is downclocking to save power.

i tried the BIOS turbo clock, didnt turn out so well. now i went back and i always get 799, 1599 or everything under 3200 mhz. I was on 3600 mhz all the time when i turbo clocked

i tried the BIOS turbo clock, didnt turn out so well. now i went back and i always get 799, 1599 or everything under 3200 mhz. I was on 3600 mhz all the time when i turbo clocked

What you are saying tells us absolutely nothing about what you have done except you tried turbo and went back. Back to what?? Board defaults?? Another OC setting or the future. I don't know what you mean.

what i am saying is that my cpu isnt on 3.2 ghz. its far under. I am not in OC Genie II mode. I am in standard mode. what can i do to get it stable on 3.2 ghz ?

Core speed is actually 3200 mhz, but it is on 799 and 1599 mhz. what is the problem with this ?

I also have a 1090T on a MSI mobo (990XA-GD55). My MSI mobo is not much of an overclocker. It gets hot too fast. But I don't see the problem you are experiencing.

Have you turned off Cool & Quiet in BIOS? And other power saving features?

FYI, the best way (in my experience) to OC a 1090T is through the CPU multiplier. Set the multiplier of the HT Link so that the final figure is either 2000 or 2200. Don't go any higher. Set the CPU-NB multiplier so that the final figure is 2400 or 2600. 2400 would be a good start. Then up the CPU multiplier from x16 to x17. You won't need to add voltage yet. Do a run of P95 for 20 minutes with HWMonitor opened and watch the CPU core temps. Don't let the core temps go over 65C. Most people here would recommend a max of 55C. But I have lousy cooling. If P95 can do 20 minutes successfully then up the CPU multiplier from x17 to x18. Run P95 again for 20 minutes like before with HWMonitor opened. If P95 fails or Workers start stopping, then up the CPU voltage a notch or 2 and repeat P95 for 20 minutes. Keep upping the CPU voltage, a notch or 2 at a time, until you pass a 20 minute run of P95 successfully. Then up the multiplier by another x0.5 or x1 and repeat the process until you get to the CPU speed you want. But you'll most probably be stopped dead in your tracks by heat.

When you have finally attained the speed you want in a stable 20-minute fashion, up the CPU voltage another notch and let P95 run for 2 hours. If you can pass this uneventfully you have a very stable overclock.

If he's on normal I assume like I said in the first post his power saving features are on now. Try running P95 and see if you clock goes up to full speed.

Back