• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help ASAP...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I could write one up for ya :clap:
How To Overclock the Easy Way.
See I already have a title :rofl::rofl:

Yes I know you could. How To Overclock the Easy Way. AkA > Get It While It Is HOT and Not Yet Melted. I learnt all uh shett I know from C_D, king of Moe Vcore and the bone-pile keeper. Hehehe.

Bobert...ster. :bang head:bump:............:clap::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes I know you could. How To Overclock the Easy Way. AkA > Get It While It Is HOT and Not Yet Melted. I learnt all uh shett I know from C_D, king of Moe Vcore and the bone-pile keeper. Hehehe.

Bobert...ster. :bang head:bump:............:clap::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think so far I'd have to chalk it up to good luck not management that has kept my stuff in one piece. :rofl::rofl:

I think so far I'd have to chalk it up to good luck not management that has kept my stuff in one piece. :rofl::rofl:

H*ll man you are just plain careful and methodical and logical and only thing I know of U evuh dunned that was quegenable was "freezen yore shett" in -10 weader. But U putted some freeze-not in and now U is satup goot man.
Hehehe.
Bobert...:clap::rofl::rofl::rofl:

H*ll man you are just plain careful and methodical and logical and only thing I know of U evuh dunned that was quegenable was "freezen yore shett" in -10 weader. But U putted some freeze-not in and now U is satup goot man.
Hehehe.
Bobert...:clap::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now if it would just get cold again :rain::rain: and more :rain:
C'mon -30c :thup:

do the complete cmos reset and if that fails try re-flashing the bios, I corrupt my bios every time I play with memory.

And even with good management and never going past 1.4V or 50C I still managed to burn out my first 4100.

Ok guys so i am back at my pc and i am really happy again. but i need still some answears at the smartest way to overclock my cpu in a really good way. My BIOS tell me that i can easily just click on a little screen so i get 3,6 mhz with no problem. Is this smart ?

Read the guide in the Sticky. It's very good.

For a rule of thumb, turn off Turbo, C1E, all that stuff that throttles or "optimizes" the CPU.
Set everything to defaults, voltages, clocks, everything. Then I would bump of the FSB (stock of 200) by 10 MHz at a time, stress testing at each interval for maybe an hour or so. There's all sorts of tweaking you can do, and that's where all of the fun comes from.

Seriously, the Sticky guides is excellent. Go through that.

Last edited:
Use THIS guide to overclock your Phenom II. I have the same processor and just replaced same <similar> Motherboard. I was able to get it to 3.7 with that combo with a decent aftermarket cooler (Zalman CNPS9700LED). It is best to follow that guide step by step and incremently increase your clock like it says. I know it's a big read but everything in there is pertinent.

Luck

:popcorn:

Just take a few hours to read the Dolks guide that I linked above, it will help you understand what you need to know about overclocking.

You need to know what are:
Vcore
CPU_NB and Voltage
HT and Voltage
HT Ref Freq aKa FSB
Memory Divider
CPU_LLC if available on your mobo
What are the green shett.
C1/E
Cool N Quiet
Windows power management > Balanced / Performance modes
What / Where is the CPU Multiplier.
How to Clear the CMOS
What mode my hdds are using
For a start.

We know all about auto tuners and to put it bluntly 9 times out of 10 they suck!! They set things according to a preset and that doesn't work out well most of the time.

So you say i shouldnt try this because of my pc get unstable. May i get the same problem ? I can always wait for Christmas and wait for a i7 4820k

Back