• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help choosing Ram that is quivalent to what ive got

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s8n

Registered
hi guys i need some help , i bought PC about a year and a half ago and i am at the point of upgrading the Ram as im going to be overclocking soon.

so i checked my 4 Ram slots and all are filled with 4GB sticks , the problem is when i got my PC built and it also says in the invoice i wanted 8GB X2 sticks.

so then i could upgrade in the future to 32GB.............

what im going to do is go back to shop and explain my case and hopefully get them to fix the problem by giving me the right Ram.

the Ram in the invoice is not available on their website anymore so i have to look at their other Rams to replace what i have now.

what i want is the equivalent .............

btw my motherboard is a Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3

here is my Ram below

http://www.corsair.com/cmp8gx3m2a1600c9.html

also here is the shop where i bought the PC from , please go through their Rams there to find a equivalent.

http://www.centrecom.com.au/desktop-ram

btw my plan when buying the PC was to get this thing up to 32GB of Ram so keep that in mind

New memory has different memory chips so best is to exchange existing memory to new 32GB kit or you may have some issues configuring 2 different memory kits.
Corsair is changing IC too often and even memory with the same product number can have different chips ( so also different sub timings etc ). In 1600 kits is everything so Hynix, Samsung, Micron, Nanya ...

hi Woomack , i plan on telling the shop my story and when accepted i want to order 32GB of all of the same type/spec/brand and then when it comes in i will take back the 16GB i currently have.

btw i want to get Corsair again so if anyone can help me find a equivalent to what ive already got that would be great.

I think you can get cheaper G.Skill that usually has tighter timings. I'm just not a fan of cheaper Corsair kits. I had some issues in the past and prices are higher than other brands.
( their marketing department also ignored all my mails so I don't like them :p )

If you want Corsair then simply look for some Vengeance or Vengeance LP kit 1600 8-8-8/9-9-9 or 1866 9-10-9.

Back