• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help deciding on best fan for SLK-900A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

I'm putting a SLK-900A on my XP2600-M, and I want to get a pretty good overclock out of the XP2600-M, somewhere around 2.5-2.6ghz. I'm looking at 3 92mm fans: Delta HHE, TT Smartfan Blue LED(manual control), and Panaflo High Speed.

I don't know what I should get since i've never used any of them before. What do you guys recommend?

What the difference betwwn the TT SF2 and SF1, the only I see is that SF1 is 92mm, and SF2 has a little more max pressure. Do you want more pressure?

Yes, more air pressure is desireable..I'm running the 92mm Delta on my SP-94 HS...It's comparable to the Panaflo 92mm U1A, I took off of my HS...The Delta has a 38mm thick body and special design to increase the air pressure...I have my HSF wired to the psu via a rheostat to regulate its speed..:)

ap673 said:
I'm putting a SLK-900A on my XP2600-M, and I want to get a pretty good overclock out of the XP2600-M, somewhere around 2.5-2.6ghz. I'm looking at 3 92mm fans: Delta HHE, TT Smartfan Blue LED(manual control), and Panaflo High Speed.

I don't know what I should get since i've never used any of them before. What do you guys recommend?

id go with the delta or the panaflo. both great quality fans and will be enough cooling for your oc. personally i prefer panaflos over anything but thats just me.

archilochus said:
Yes, more air pressure is desireable..I'm running the 92mm Delta on my SP-94 HS...It's comparable to the Panaflo 92mm U1A, I took off of my HS...The Delta has a 38mm thick body and special design to increase the air pressure...I have my HSF wired to the psu via a rheostat to regulate its speed..:)

Any temperature drop going from the U1A to the delta? I've been thinking about getting that delta, just because of the 38mm body and increase in pressure.

hmm I'm using an 45cfm 92mm fan on my slk900, but my temps are 50 idle and 55 load, with 2600 xpm 11*200 @ 1,6V ambient is 22C I think.
It should be lower ?!

Lifthanger said:
hmm I'm using an 45cfm 92mm fan on my slk900, but my temps are 50 idle and 55 load, with 2600 xpm 11*200 @ 1,6V ambient is 22C I think.
It should be lower ?!

try lapping and reseating it and also some as5 if you haven't already. don't think its the fan. idle seems a bit high but that depends on what mobo too cause none of them are accurate.

after I cleaned the bottom of the sink with isopropyl it was very flat.. not like mirror, but close to. and I'm indeed using as5. I've read something about a breakin phase of 200hours with as5, so maybe temperatures are dropping then..
the mobo is gigabyte ga 7n400L.
I'll post again after I did some tests and modifications.
One question: which values would be good?

bk94si
Any temperature drop going from the U1A to the delta? I've been thinking about getting that delta, just because of the 38mm body and increase in pressure.

If I didn't know I changed to the Delta, I couldn't tell...Only thing I notice diff. is a high pitch noise at mid speed when it was new..I run the fan at 2900 rpm...The Panaflo U1A didn't have rpm support, but its max rpm is stated to be 3450 rpm @ 43 dBA...I usualy ran it below max rpm..:cool:

Delta 92x38mm FFB0912HHE
Specifications: 92x92x38mm, 71.69 CFM @ 3200 RPM, 42.5 dBA, 4.20W, 0.35 amp, 12v ...* mm H2O = 7.58

Panaflo 92x25mm FBA09A12U (U1A), 68.80 cfm @ 3450 rpm, 43.0 dBA, 5.16 watts, 0.43 watts, 12v ...* mm H2O = 5.0

Last edited:
Do new SLK900A's need to be lapped right out of the box, or should you just check if it looks smooth enough.

ap673 said:
Do new SLK900A's need to be lapped right out of the box, or should you just check if it looks smooth enough.

If you want maximum effectiveness you will need to. Mine was quite rough out of the box. If a couple of degrees doesn't matter to you than don't bother.

I start to get frustrated with this cooling issues.
everything (as5,lapping,slk900,more cfm,duct over cpu) told me it would reduce temps by a few degrees, but if that was true , I'd have -10C. :santa2:
My arctic copper silent (33cfm) with silicone tim did the same job as the slk900 (45cfm) with as5. :mad: this is on idle.. or is it normal that idle temps stay the same?

For a long time, I've used a 92mm Vantec Thermoflo, but during these summer temperatures, it staretd spinning faster and screaming at me, so I bought a new 92mm Delta fan that I could use my fan controller to control. If you have a controller, I would suggest that. Otherwise, A thermoflo might be a good choice.

Back