• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help deciding on best fan for SLK-900A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lifthanger said:
I start to get frustrated with this cooling issues.
everything (as5,lapping,slk900,more cfm,duct over cpu) told me it would reduce temps by a few degrees, but if that was true , I'd have -10C. :santa2:
My arctic copper silent (33cfm) with silicone tim did the same job as the slk900 (45cfm) with as5. :mad: this is on idle.. or is it normal that idle temps stay the same?

i understand it can be frustrating but as with anything you should know that results will vary. nothing is consistant all the time. there should be a slight or pretty decent drop in idle but you should really see the drop in load when everything is done right. i dropped 8C going from stock to sp94. dropped 2C from as5, dropped 1C from lapping. all of this is load temps btw. good luck

Lifthanger said:
I start to get frustrated with this cooling issues.
everything (as5,lapping,slk900,more cfm,duct over cpu) told me it would reduce temps by a few degrees, but if that was true , I'd have -10C. :santa2:
My arctic copper silent (33cfm) with silicone tim did the same job as the slk900 (45cfm) with as5. :mad: this is on idle.. or is it normal that idle temps stay the same?

There are diminishing returns on all the cooling mods. All those things you did will lower the temps but the more you do the less they help. When I started with mine stock it was running about 60c idle and now it runs about 40c. Some things made a huge difference and some made only very small changes. But the cooler you get, the harder it is to make further progress.

I dreamed of my idle temp dropping by 8-10C, that's why I was so disappointed..
maybe I should've used some physics to realize that this is impossible :).
you mean my system is already better than normal, which makes it hard to see changes? feels good to me ;)so idle temp of 48C is ok? Of course I still hope that the 2-5C drop after the breakin phase of as5 will occur! Maybe I'll learn to love my cooler when I'll have to raise Vcore.
Problem is, I've never measured load temp with the old cooler, but I'm pretty sure it dropped.
thanks for your answers, I'm feeling somehow better now :beer:

btw. to post something useful to this thread: I'd take the delta 92*38, if I knew where to buy it :clap:

Last edited:
I've got a TT SF II on an SLK-947(U) (see sig) and it works great, I keep it on whatever rpm is just below annoyingly audible :)

Anyway, you shouldn't be dissappointed!

45 load with 1,85V core is like magic :)
the delta fan is out of stock, besides, would it even be possible to ship these things to germany? when it comes to high-end cooling equippment, germany is not the best place to live :beer: . At least I've got nice beer... :beer:
thanks for your nice replies, I'm feeling much better now. you're all contracted as shrinks :clap:

Back