• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help overclocking please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I started with the entry boards with the first quad core machine i built and that cost me a lot of money from the get go, and when i got the 8 cores the money out flow increased and the happiness inflow fell to the negative level so i have given up on low and mid line boards.

Claim to have 6 left.
Now here is an ebay board that does have >> Package Includes:

ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AMD 890FX CrossFireX Socket AM3 ATX Motherboard
I/O shield
One (1) IDE cable
Two (2) Serial ATA data cables

Does have the rear I/O shield. Not so worried about the cables but I do prefer not to have to 'make' an I/O shield. This is the previous 8 series chipset by AMD and a board that was really in the forums in use back one platform. It is not made to run the later HOT running FX series processor.

ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3 AMD 890FX CrossFireX Socket AM3 ATX Motherboard

At 789.4 (to get the DDR3 equivalent multiply that by 2) your ram is far exceeding its rating of 667. In other words, you are running your ram at almost 1580 mhz when its rating is 1333 mhz. That could be the reason the system is so unstable. You need to lower your ram speed in bios.

Back