• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP OVERCLOCKING

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ashik247

Hi i have a b350 mother board, msi rx580, 8 gb 3000mhz ram, ryzen 5 1600. Cpu is running at 3.2 ghz and ram is running at 2200mhz currently. That is stock. I overclocked cpu to 3.9 ghz and ram to 2900 and also changed the volts. I dont know the specifics in the volts but just know i followed a guys tutorial on youtube. He explained everything and has alot of likes. Video name is "how to overclock ryzen 5! (The easy way)" by pauls hardware. AFTER I OVERCLOCKED IT my computer would not boot anymore. There were no post (no display), no power to the keyboard or mouse or any other usb. After some research i fixed it by clearing cmos. I WANT TO OVERCLOCK but i dont want this to happen again. Any advice or suggestions would help. Thanks

Take it slower. Gradual increments instead of a big jump (like i believe you did as you didn't say otherwise.)

Back