• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help specing out a streaming build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Horrerblade

Hey guys I am building a computer for a friend and wanted to see if you all had any recommendations for the build. He is trying to play league of legends, WoW, and blade and soul on max settings. Also he want to be able to steam at the same time. His budget is $1000, not including windows or any peripherals. I don't know if the i7 6700 is worth the extra $120 over the i5 6500 if he is going to be streaming. He isn't going to be overclocking so the k versions aren't worth it. Here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p4xdZL . I live near a micro center so i can take advantage of the cheap cpus and mother boards.

Thanks for all the help

Your friend will not need the hyper threading, so the 6600 is a better choice. The money saved can be put to better parts. Don't cheap out on the ssd, get a Samsung Evo. Since I am at work, I am unable to go to any shopping sites, like newegg, etc.

So i updated the parts list with the evo drive, but i was wondering if the Hyper threading on the i7 would help him with gaming and streaming at the same time?

Back