• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help stabilizing Llano gpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

superflux

I have an A8-3870k and a Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H motherboard. I tried to overclock the gpu to 900 mhz and it seemed to test stable with Kombuster. I can also play games for a while but then the computer would suddenly restart.

I have undervolted the CPU portion by -0.1 and was tested separately to be stable. I upped the GPU's main voltage by +0.125V, gigabyte seemed to have labelled CPU NB VID Control for some reason. I left the APU VDPP Voltage at the stock 1.2V because it seemed like it did nothing to help with the stability.

I double checked that I was changing the right voltages with corsair's blog post.
http://www.corsair.com/blog/amd_llano_oc/

I honestly don't know what I can do at this point to stop the random restarts. Can anyone help me out?

1. Not sure if this might have done better in the Video forum section. For one thing we just plain don't get many APU boards in here and seems not many of us that help most of the time have bought much into the APU thing.

2. You don't mention temps but that is what first comes to mind. Not sure what temp readout program does best with those APU things.

3. Maybe someone has one of those boards that does not post regularly that will come bye and see your issue and give a hand.
RGone...

Really sorry about this, when the APU's cpu and gpu is stressed, HWMonitor says the temperature is around 35 degrees C. I do not use the stock cooler.

Do you have any recommendation for where I can also go?

I did a little g00gling for myself and that A8-3870k with the iGPU at 900Mhz was just about the limit for most. That means yours may just not like 900Mhz. I would clock it back down a little bit and see if all is well. If it works well slightly slower then that is likely your answer. Luck man.
RGone...

Back