• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Water Cooling for the First Time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James_eo

Hello there everyone;

I'm in some need of help; I am going to water-cool my pc but need some guidance on what to buy, my pc specs are;
-CPU - I5 3570 3.4GHZ
-Graphics Card - GTX 680
-Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-VPro
-Ram - Corsair 1600 Ram

I think thats all, I am only watercooling my CPU And Graphics Card and have looked up a few diffrent componants;

-CPU - EK-Supreme LTX - Acetal+Nickel CSQ Intel CPU Waterblock
-Graphics - Koolance VID-NX680 Water Block
-Radiator - Phobya G-Changer 280 Radiator [338x145x60mm]
-Fans - 2x 140mm BitFenix Spectre Pro
-Reservoir - Bitspower Z-Multi 250mm Water Tank
-Pump - Still Need One
-Tubing - Still Need Some - Green
-Liquid - Pure Distilled Water
-Fittings - Still Need Some

This is what I had in mind (But can still be changed if its a bad setup or what?), I am not sure where to go and I need help to try and make sure it would all fit together as I have made sure it will fit in my case so far as I have plenty of room.
All help Is much appreciated and I look forward to hearing back,

Thank You!

Well..Welcome!

I would first start out by reading the sticky threads on this and getting some additional information on the concepts. Sounds like you are really on the right track though!

The one thing that I would think off the top of my head is that you may not have enough radiator to offer a quieter operating experience. It will be much better than air, but not optimal is all. Especially if you get to overclocking both the GPU and CPU.

That said, the experts will be in shortly to assist. :)

hey man, first of all you need more radiator ie. 2*120 for cpu and 120 for gputhis is a minimum the more the better temps and noise wise. For the pump i'd recommend a laing D5 if it's in budget if not you can look at a DDC pump or ek dcp 4.0.

Back