• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with audio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dandaman993

Registered
Hey guys,

I need some help with my audio

I have an ASROCK 870 Extreme3 R2.0 Motherboard and a GTX 550 TI graphics card

I have the Graphics card linked to my TV via HDMI cable

I reset my BIOS today as I had added an new PCI adapter and now the sound is going through the TV and not my speakers.

I have tried installing the Realtek drivers and there not installing (Not showing in device manager) and the speakers are plugged in.

I have tried everything and can't seem to get the drivers to install, if anyone can help, I'd be very grateful :D

[Edit]

Just unistalled the Realtek HDMI driver which I found in the control panel and now I can choose what to set as default in the playback devices, but if I select Speakers I get no sound and yes the speakers are on

Last edited:
check the playback device settings. if youre on windows 7 speaker icon bottom right. right click playback devices select the port.

Done that, when I select "Speakers" which is what I want their is no sound coming out yet if I select "LCD TV" I get sound???

you actually need to disable 1. you might have them both enabled and 1 selected but the other is still the one that is listed as default playback device. try disabling both and enabling 1 by 1.

Still no luck :/ The Realtek HD Audio Manager says its set as default yet no sound is playing

3.5mm Jack, it hasnt been unplugged and it worked only last night, I really can not see what the issue is :/

have you tried system restore ? have you tried the 3.5mm jack to other device ? like ipad/ipod ? phone or something ? if it works with other device try doing a system restore on your pc. if the speakers wont work with other devices then its it not the pc.

i believe your tv has a 3.5mm jack for the headphones plug your jack there and volume up the tv. see if it works.

my setup is i use the hdmi cable "as display/audio" then i plug my 3.5mm jack speaker to the TV "headset slot" = advantage you can use the remote ctrl of the tv to tune the volume.

and you can use the rear/front panel pink/green +extra slot @ the back to plug another speaker with 3.5mm jack

Try this mate...reinstall gfx driver ensure hd sound is unchecked, this will uninstall the ones that are already installed. Reboot into bios and ensure onboard sound is enabled. You should be good to go. Good luck

@c00l3st

Done what you said, plugged the speakers into the TV, worked as soon as I plugged them in (Would never of thought of doing that)

You may man, are a life saver

Thank you!!!

Back