• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with error signatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joecastle

Registered
ok, just to start off, i am running win xp pro sp2 and when i am playing a game my pc shuts down and "BSOD" pops up and cant read fast enough to see what it says. Any how, after pc reboots a screen pops up saying something about comp just recovered from fatal error. the error signature read as follows,

ERROR SIGNATURE
Bccode:1000008e, Bcp1:c0000005, Bcp2:BFB58EF4,Bcp3:EccFBB14
Bcp4:00000000, OSVER:5-1-2600, SP:2-0, Product:256-1

what do i do to fix this problem. It only happens when playing games.
Also after rebooting noticed that video card was missing in advanced setting so i reinstalled drivers from invidia site and is working, but sys still crashes when playing game.

TEMPS are good CPU 3844mhz case 25c CPU 40c

Bccode:1000008e is almost always a hardware compability related issue (which sometimes means a driver issue, or a need for a BIOS upgrade). Open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click any error message(s) (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Write down a couple of the latest critical error messages exactly as they appear (under the "Description" field), and post them in this thread.

Also, open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there.

Thank redduc, here is the latest info from evenvwr.msc.

source app. error
faulting 3dmark 2001 se.exe, ver 1.0.0.1, faulting module unknown, ver 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x125aa6d2

source app. error
faulting 3dmark05.exe ver 1.0.0.0, faulting module d3d9.dll,ver 5.3.2600.2180, fault address 0x0010b680

source app. error
faulting app jointops.exe, ver 0.0.0.0, faulting module jointops.exe, ver 0.0.0.0, fault address (these happened on diff ocasions) 0x0001b7d9,0x00160bec,0x0039fcc9,0x001b744

source app. error
faulting app doom3.exe, ver 1.0.0.1, faulting module doom3.exe, ver1.0.0.1, fault address 0x000f2ff1 // this is same for wolfsp.exe, ver 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0008be26

source nview info
the disscreption for event id (1) in source (nview.info) cannot be found.
the local computer may not have the neccessary registery info or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
you may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this discreption; see help and support for details.
The following info is part of the event nview:rundll32:wait-timeout,while waiting for read to clear-resetting read event.

same discreption for event id (55) but at the end it has no event shows

IN SYSTEM INFO

no problems found..

I went back into eventvwr.msc before submitting all of this to be sure and found at top

(!) in yellow saying warning , source WinMgmt
A provider, offprovll, has been registered in the WMI namespace, root\msappsll, to use the local sys account.
This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user request.

sorry for so much info. I hope it helps

Also after rebooting noticed that video card was missing in advanced setting
That in conjunction with the error messages logged in Event Viewer, the first thing I'd probably suggest would be to uninstall your video drivers through Add or Remove Programs, reboot and run Driver Cleaner v3.3, available here...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3214.html
Driver Cleaner is a program which helps you to remove parts of drivers that are left after uninstalling the old drivers. The program is for ATI and nVidia drivers. First you need to uninstall the drivers from the control panel than reboot and after that run the program. If you really want a good description of what steps you should do than you really need to read the readme file included in the zip file and installation as it contains a detailed description step by step.
...then do a fresh re-install of the latest WHQL Nvidia drivers. You should also be running the latest v5.10 of the Nvidia nForce Unified Driver package, available here...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10

If you still have problems, then I'd suggest running Memtest86+ v1.50, available from here...

http://www.memtest.org

OK redduc i ran dcleaner as posted and installed new drivers, then played game for about almost 2 hours and comp shut down and rebooted.
Now i went and downloaded memtest86+1.5iso.zip and when i unzipped i got roxio disc copier. What did i do wrong? and/or which is to be downloaded exactly and how to run?

I went into eventvwr.msc and found no latest problems so i went into sys info and found the following,

source: Service Control Manager
desc. The HlD Input Service service termintaed with the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified

source: System Error
Error Code 0000007f,parameter1 0000000d,parameter2 00000000,parameter3 00000000,parameter4 00000000

I tried running PCmark04 with no luck. comp shut and the "BSOD" came again.

Hey redduc900 , sorry for getting back so late but i have been keeping very busy lately. I just want to thank you for your help it has helped alot. My comp. is now running great after discovering that when running futuremark it also would shut down, so i brought my cpu clock down to 3708MHz and then ran all futuremarks again it all works great. NO MORE "BSOD".. Thank You Again. If there is any type of scoring for your benefit on this forum then let me know so i can vote for you..

Back