• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with oc fx 8320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok i set my ram at 1.675v and now i read 1.644v

so i cant go 2400 my nb freq as supposed be?

The NB base speed is actually 2200 for most FX CPUs greg. I found this from the other user with the UD3 Rev4

ok I guess im being Bull headed , unless im taken things wrong ,but anyways b4 the bios update from F2 to F3i I was able to move my CPU_NB to 2200 so when I updated to F3i I cant get it to 2200 unless I change the Bus speed ,so im thinking this, correct me if im wrong

its the Bios that is preventing me to change CPU_NB to 2200 , Forcing me to change it by the Bus Speed cause if you look back in the post you will see that I ran the 2hr prime stable @ 2200

Sry feels like your attacking me cause I have a Gigabyte board

The NB base speed is actually 2200 for most FX CPUs greg. I found this from the other user with the UD3 Rev4

Ah Hah "johan" the bios writers made a swaperoo. Yes the standard speed of CPU_NB is 2200Mhz and it seems as you quoted another Gigabyte user, the bios writers did a boo boo. Oh well, shett happens.

RGone...ster.

only 1 thing i have to say... ASUS FOR THE WIN!! i dont know why i get gb mobo

only 1 thing i have to say... ASUS FOR THE WIN!! i dont know why i get gb mobo

ALL these mobo makers have or seem to have an issue of sorts. I just find for AMD AM3+ that the two top tier Asus Sabertooth and CHV do the job day in and day out and seem much easier for me to overclock as I wish to do. I have no doubt that I could do some overclocking on any board that claims the abiliity to overclock but the process and end result might not be so smooth. That is the rub.

You just about have your configuration sorted well enough for your own personal use. That is a good thing. Now to use the sucker some. That is what I always seek to get to. The point where I use it. Off and on back to some benching, but I built the dang thing to use. You are very close man. Luck.

RGone...

You can try flashing back to the F2 BIOS if you want for increased NB speed, although it does aid in performance with cache and bandwidth, it's not nearly as noticeable as it was with the PhenomII. As long as your NB is faster than the ram you're good to go.

That should work for you as well. Just remember it changes all bus speeds and adjust accordingly.

yes i know i have to read before try anything..will need increase nb voltage that mean more heat right??

increase nb voltage that mean more heat right??

Some extra yes. How much varies. It is how each system responds.

Lastly, I am like "johan" in flashing the bios backwards to where you did have 2200MHz without problem. I hardly ever run the latest bios when dealing with FX processor. Using at least 4 or 5 back from the latest on all my CHVs.

RGone...

Some extra yes. How much varies. It is how each system responds.

Lastly, I am like "johan" in flashing the bios backwards to where you did have 2200MHz without problem. I hardly ever run the latest bios when dealing with FX processor. Using at least 4 or 5 back from the latest on all my CHVs.

RGone...

ok i will give a try when i have time but f2 perfomance is bad cant even use my mouse in bios

It's up to you what the lesser of two evils is. You may want to go back one more then. Hard to say when it comes to bios. I have tried many different ones for my boards before I was happy with the end result. Sometimes all it did was cause me trouble to the point windows wouldn't even start.

ok i will give a try when i have time but f2 perfomance is bad cant even use my mouse in bios

Well I don't have to have mouse in bios. Had no mouse for years. However not knowing if that is 'performance is bad with F2' or not, you may just be stuck in GigaNeverLand. Have to clock up the FSB and manage the other busses if you just have to have 2200MHz on the CPU_NB.

I will be honest that on my good boards with good G Skill ram that overclocks very well, I use FSB and Mulitplier anyway to clock the ram beyond its' native speed. So not a real deal to me. I can manipulate the other busses easily to get the advantage of slightly faster ram. Guess you can also to get 2200MHz CPU_NB.

RGone...

now my ram speed is 1600 and nb freq is 2200 i will see big diference at 2400?(i can oc more than 2400 its worth?)
if i oc fsb (with nb freq 2400) i will have better perfomance?

i tried this with fsb

20150527_222434.jpg
Untitled55.png

cpu: 4.49Ghz
nb freq:2400 but ram isnt at full speed (1600)

i had better temps cpu& socket but i couldnt touch vrm heatsink

Last edited:
the juggling begins!!!!!
lower your, cpu clock, cpu/nb clock, ht clock, raise the fsb to bring your ram up to speed, adjusting the other busses as needed.

the juggling begins!!!!!
lower your, cpu clock, cpu/nb clock, ht clock, raise the fsb to bring your ram up to speed, adjusting the other busses as needed.

for 1600 ram speed fsb must be 240 but i had boot failure

It does show the speeds I can see it in you bios shots. It's the numbers on the right in blue. But back down a bit to say 225 since 219 worked. Set the cpu back one multi same as the NB and start it up check speeds in windows. Do this again without changing the multi for the CPU. This is how you overclock a bit at a time. If you go too fast you'll waste a lot of time taking stabs at things trying to figure out what your system needs.

bingo johan, you just raise the fsb a couple at a time, looking at the other busses and adjusting those as needed.
It takes a bit of time to see all the effects of it.
when I first stated I had to make one change, reboot, open all the cpu-z tabs and read each field to get my head wrapped around it all, it's overclocking!!!!

Back