• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with oc fx 8320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'll need to drop the NB speed again in bios or up the volts for it to 1.25-1.3v. You're almost at 2500 and haven't changed volts for it.

You'll need to drop the NB speed again in bios or up the volts for it to 1.25-1.3v. You're almost at 2500 and haven't changed volts for it.

ok got you ...

so..
fsb:240
cpu 4.44Ghz
ram:1600
nb :2400(default)
ht:2600(default)

Untitled.png

Now you need to test it, and 2200 is default for the NB so you have it overclocked a bit. I would still set the volts for it between 1.25 and 1.3 depending on if it passes some prime95

Now you need to test it, and 2200 is default for the NB so you have it overclocked a bit. I would still set the volts for it between 1.25 and 1.3 depending on if it passes some prime95

so whats the diference?
1)cpu multi 4.50Ghz + nb 2400
2)fsb 240 cpu 4.44Ghz and nb 2400( in first case i have more cpu Ghz and nb 2400)

@greg1313...

...This is how we test and what we need to see as results. No load HWMonitor Free screenshots are useless. Also we need to see ALL the voltages and only as far down as the Package/Core temps. Video cards are not of much interest. Sometimes seeing the HDD temp an be a tool but we need certainly all voltages and Package temp.

This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

Normally during setup and testing we disable C1/E, C6, Cool N Quiet, APM, TurboCore and in windows performance manager itself we set to "performance" mode. ALSO if you have HPC in bios you would ENABLE it. That way there are not "other" settings messing with the overclocking process. Some of those settings are not available on all models of cpu but where in evidence we disable for setup of overclock process.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible. Latest versions of HWMonitor show the CPU Core Temp as " a Package Temp" and is only shown as a single temp since there were never multple, individual core temp sensors anyway.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Step by Step HowTo Attach files to forum with pictures.
HowTo Attach Files to the forum.

RGone...

you're giving up some cpu, cpu is KING, juggle some more to regain that cpu speed. IT"S OVERCLOCKING!!!!!!

Your temps actually look pretty good Greg, you could always try to get another .5 on the multi to 19, that would put you around 4560 for CPU speed.

Actually in CineR15 8 pts. is a big difference. You're getting better performance but have you tested it with P95? I want to make sure it's stable and doesn't overheat on you. You are using a 212 after all and they have their limits.

Good work G13...

...real good work.

Here is where you begin to juggle just like we all have to do.
CPU Multi > 4.50GHz.
CPU_NB Speed 2400MHz
OpenCL 79.95 FPS
CPU Perf 719 CB

FSB > 240
CPU_NB Speed 2400MHz
CPU Speed > 4.44GHz. Lost 56MHz on cpu here.
OpenCL 80.36 FPS
CPU Perf 706 CB

FSB > 240
CPU_NB Speed 2400MHz
CPU Speed > 4.56GHz. Gained 60MHz on overall cpu speed.
OpenCL 80.78 FPS
CPU Perf 727 CB

At this point it comes down to if 4.56GHz is P95 stable for 2 hours or so without error. If that 4.56GHz is stable, then of course 4.56GHz is your most powerful setting overall according to CineBench 15.0.

Now I notice you said when you posted the 4.56GHz Cinebench 15.0 results that you said not much change. Nope not much since the only thing changing was the CPU speed by 60MHz and that is not much but it did show positive results when you are not giving any cpu speed away. CPU speed is still KING most every time.

This juggling up down and around even to try and maintain the smallest CPU Speed advantage without letting the other busses become way too slow...is what all overclockers have to do on their own by trial and error. It is Overclocking at its' best.

RGone...

fsb 240
cpu 4.56Ghz
no big diference

View attachment 164144

im trying
fsb240
cpu4.68

and i get ilegal sumout i will raise up vcore but in this photo is that vrm temp?? cant understand
ccccccccc.png

ok it seem stable

fsb 240
cpu 4.68Ghz
vcore: idle(1.464) full(1548)
dasdasdasd.JPG
but im scared for that 65 c ??dont know if i must let pri85 to strees more

Untitledsex.png

Last edited:
That 1.548 volts shouldn't be necessary for that clock. It's also a good idea not to have multiple monitoring software on your machine they can interfere with each other. As far as 65c goes it's still in the safe zone but I would prefer you use HWMonitor since we're all more familiar with it. It also appears that that temp was shortly after you started P95 so yes you'll need a longer test. Does that board have LLC options for the CPU ?

That 1.548 volts shouldn't be necessary for that clock. It's also a good idea not to have multiple monitoring software on your machine they can interfere with each other. As far as 65c goes it's still in the safe zone but I would prefer you use HWMonitor since we're all more familiar with it. It also appears that that temp was shortly after you started P95 so yes you'll need a longer test. Does that board have LLC options for the CPU ?.

yes i know it i did only for test i wanted see vrm temp

lcc is set to hight

but now i have new problem when i start legue of legends(i wanted test my fps in game) my pc shutdown completly(black screen) but the fans are still spinning like the computer is working

~~~~old photo but what voltage need to raise up for nb freq?
900x900px-LL-d05bbc9e_20150523_144211.jpeg

Last edited:
It's over heating IMO, there's no way that the Hyper 212 can handle voltage like that and keep things cool. Go back to where you were with the 4.56 and start there again. Get that stable and see . I highly doubt you can run that CPU at almost 4.7 with your set up the way it is.

Back