• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with oc fx 8320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
G13...

...It is not too hard to get confused by SO many revisions of a motherboard. TOO hard to keep up especially when trying to find an odd answer to something like VR-T1/T1 which are seldom ever spoken about.

OCN most often has LONG threads about the same board and the problem with such thread is keeping mind on topic. It is so jumbled. Like our "Putzen" thread can be. But the UD boards have a thread with way over a 1,000 posts in it and last I looked it was still going but slowing since AM3+ is dying for many and so for the Giga AM3+ boards. Interest seems to wane after so many problems.

Pretty sure I saw as user saying he had emailed Giga Support and the word "they" got from their engineers were there were NO sensors for VR-T1/T2. So if there be NO sensors...the app is just filling the data spot for VR-T1/T2. Honestly after some of the information given off by Giga Support 'and' according to Giga Board Engineers...I cannot trust them in my mind at all. YMMV. I just saying how I am. By the way in Asus land those are VRM (voltage Regulation Module) temps and sometimes though the VR-T2 is related to the VRM section for the CPU_NB buss.

In all honesty, I would not pay more than about 1% attention to those two temps, I just do not believe they are worth the effort in all this uncertainty.

RGone...

and what about my new problem?may i need to raise up nb voltage?

and what about my new problem?may i need to raise up nb voltage?

Your graphic of the Bios that had NB Core as third choice down in that picture is the Voltage to raise. However it will add 'some' heat. Thought "johan" was already thinking you might be getting "warm".

Another thing:
GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 (ITE IT...
Where that is seen in you graphic in post #76 can you highlight or change view or
or something to 'read' that full description? That is the I/O read out chipset name, if we could see it all.

Now where it says:
GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 (IRF IR...
Well if you get that full listing instead of ... which means and more but we cannot see the "more". If we knew what the 'more' was might have a much better clue.

RGone...

G13...

...I am not putting this in the post above since it is not actually what I call related. I did mention that "johan" said he thought you were getting on the warm side. He may be more accurate than we think regardless of shown temps. WE have to date as far as I can remember "never" seen a CM 212 EVO that managed an 8 core FX processor beyond maybe 4.6GHz but more often 4.5GHz. Could your setup be an "exception" to the rule? Maybe, but I would not bet real money on it after these years of helping users with FX overclocking. I think you are trying to push beyond the level of your cooler to do g00d cooling. It is a real thought based on years of looking at thousands of users with the CM 212 cooler being recommended a 100 times more than any other air cooler with "restrictions" as to how much cool it is truly able to supply after a certain CPU speed.

RGone...

stuck??? this 4.5 clock that you are "stuck" at is a very good clock for the game you play, the cpu is not bottle necking you. and you will not be roasting things in game.
your next step is better cooling, a few hundred bucks will do it, it will raise your clocks, it will improve your performance, it will slightly improve your gaming.

so im stuck at 4.50 until get better cooling

Well I don't know if the word is 'stuck' or not. You can try raising various voltages to induce stability in P95 Blend mode and when testing P95 have HWMonitor open and logging Min/Max Volts and temps. CPU/Socket not to exceed ~72c and Core/Package not to exceed ~62c. I will give one voltage suggestion and that is not to let Vcore exceed ~1.525V if intended as 24/7 type settings. One last observation: I would not raise CPU_NB voltage beyond 1.4V which is shown as NB Core in your bios. That about covers the scope of volts and temps.

You will have to do your own testing to determine if you can get stable at "X" cpu speed and within those volts and temp ranges and you may well be good to go and not 'stuck' as you say without better cooling, but coming to a halt in increasing cpu speed comes for all of us at some level. Luck man.

RGone...

so im stuck at 4.50 until get better cooling

stuck??? this 4.5 clock that you are "stuck" at is a very good clock for the game you play, the cpu is not bottle necking you. and you will not be roasting things in game.
your next step is better cooling, a few hundred bucks will do it, it will raise your clocks, it will improve your performance, it will slightly improve your gaming.

Stuck? That is a full GHz over base speed. Having owned a couple 212 EVO's I would retire it asap and either get something beefier new, or look on eBay for a used Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme which is a much, much better cooler than a Hyper 212 EVO.

whats wrong with the word"stuck" ?? i mean that i cant keep oc my system until get better cooling(and its hard now couse i must save money) ^^

ok guys i found the issue..... its mobo bios version again i think...... pff really not again gigabyte!!!!
well i set lcc to medium (from extreme) and set vcore 1.500 and i have (in hwmonitor i read1.488 -1.512 max)

fsb 240
cpu: 4.68
8111111111111111111.png

but i have to do test with pri85 when i have time...

oh, your not "stuck" you're banging your head against the heat wall all of us with the 8350 hit.
Don't worry about it to much, first you buy a cooling system only to find that the rad is a tad small, go get another rad and then find that your water block is not quite up to the task and you go buy another only to find..... well.... you get the point.
that's what's called overclocking!!!!

Yeah, don't sweat it greg, we all had to stop somewhere. I didn't get much better with my first 8350 4.64 using a 2x120 AIO cooler. Now I have a huge rad and hang it outside in the winter just to get more speed but even then I'm limited. Chasing more speed is a deep rabbit hole now I use liquid nitrogen with -180°c temps and still want to go faster.
I still think you're going to high with your clocks right now. 4.68 is a tough stretch for that cooler. Take your time and do it right you'll waste less time and have fewer shut downs. If the system keeps shutting down eventually your windows will be broke and you'll end up needing a re-install.

If the system keeps shutting down eventually your windows will be broke and you'll end up needing a re-install.

I have a 3 BSOD rule and have for years. Three BSOD and the image is replaced so I don't lose anything by virtue of windows corrupting in on itself.

RGone...

i know that im on limits, i just wanted to see if i can pass 4.70 (couse in other forum they told my that i have bad chip^^) and now i know that i can pass 4.70 .only you guys helped me and thanks you all for your time!! now im running at 4.50 until get water cooling but need much maney i think anyway only in this forum i found help!! good job all of you :clap:

Thanks Greg that actually means a lot. Good luck with the system and don't be afraid to pop in and hang out now and then.

Back