• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help With Ram For ASUS M4A79T Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnaidedSoul

Registered
Im looking for ddr3 ram for a ASUS M4A79T Deluxe MB, but I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible. I am looking for a 2x2gb set. So far I am only find $130+ prices, are there any cheaper ones?

Thanks In Advance!

I have had mixed results with OCZ RAM lately. About the only OCZ RAM i will recommend is the Black Edition ones that are guaranteed to work and made specifically for AMD boards. Aside from that, the best RAM that i have found with tight timings that dont cost a fortune and work are Crucial Ballistix Tracers.

OCZ AMD Black Edition RAM 1600mhz 8-8-8-4 @ 1.65v

Crucial Ballistix Tracer RAM 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 @ 1.65v

Crucial Ballistix Tracer RAM 1333mhz 7-7-7-24 @ 1.65v

Please stay away from the cheapy gskill RAM. They work fine for Intel, but i have seen more people go through hell just to buy new RAM for their AMD setups.

Never personally used A Data, but it looks like someone in another thread i responded to has it. Might send him a PM and ask how the things work in his AMD setup.

Link

About all i can say for AMD RAM is that 1333/1600mhz with tight timings of cas 7/8 are going to work best and get the most performance. AMD since the IMC has always loved low latencies vs high RAM speed. When you OC you have to keep your RAM speed proportional to your NB and HT Speed. Do that with tighter timings and you are golden.

okay, so far I'm leaning towards OCZ AMD Black Edition, unless A-data is confirmed as being good.

Back