• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need new mobo mine is dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grosjambon

Hi guys, If the warranty dont work on my m3n-ht deluxe i need to buy a new one.
Currently using
Phenom II 955 c2 125w
Gtx 280
8GIG ddr2 800mhz
1 Hard Drive
2CdDrive
Watercooling.
I need a moobo that support am3 cpu and ddr2 800mhz Looking for something that can support 800mhz/1066 maybe1200 mhz and that can support a phenom II 955 at 3.8 / 4 ghz and last long.I would like to have 2sli/3sli option WITH NVIDIA
BUdget is around 100 to 150 CAN
Thanks.

Last edited:
I do not think they make a am3 socket motherboard with ddr2. You will probably have to decide if you want the am3 cpu or the ddr2 ram.
Sorry to say this so late,but if you want a motherboard for a am3 socket cpu this is a good deal for 36.99 after rebate , but the rebate ends today. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135250 I am about to get it.

It's a matter of semantics. Yes, true AM3 motherboards will only have DDR3 support, and only support AM3 CPUs.

However, AM3 CPUs will work in nearly any AM2+ motherboard that has the proper BIOS updates. I've got two AM3 CPUs (X3 710s) both running in AM2+/DDR2 motherboards. I could put that 955BE in any of these two boards with my 8GB loadouts of DDR2 and it'd work swimmingly.

And as a side note, my #3 motherboard is an IC780M-A2. Sucks for overclocking non-BE CPUs, but is great for the 550BE I have in it right now. However, that board will also not support the 955BE, as it only has 95W max official CPU support. You'd pull that board's MOSFETs dead with a 125W or 140W CPU in short order. Nor does it support SLI. Definitely won't be useful to the OP.

As for the OP, Nvidia-based options are limited. The ASUS M4N82 would get you there, but it's sitting right at $160. That might blow your budget...

ETA : The Foxconn Destroyer might also help you out. $150USD, you'd have to track it down at a Canadian retailer.

Last edited:
Back