• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need recommendation for good used board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doubledragon5

Registered
Well for the third time my A8N32-SLI board bit the dust, as did my monitor on the same day.. After testing all parts to make sure, I decided originally to sell the parts and move on to something new. But my problem is, with today's economy people are just not buying many parts any more. So I want to keep my current parts and just replace the board itself.

For what I do with a computer now a days, it is not worth me investing money on a whole new system. I need a alternate board to go with my list of parts, but do not want another A8N32-SLI board period.. Here is the list of parts I have and would like your suggestion on good boards I can search for.

CPU Athlon 64X2 Toledo 4800_
RAM 4 (4x 1gig) Gigs Corsair XMS extreme 2-3-3-6
Video XFX 9800GTX+
HD 2x 150 Gigs Western Digital raptors 10,000 rpm SATA
2 IDE optical drives 1 floopy drive.

I'm sorry you had issues with your A8N32 - all mine are still running fine. The only other boards close to it are the DFI LanParty series, the Ultra-D being the highest rated, I believe. They've had their share of kills over the years too, though - all these boards are getting old ...

Thanks ice, I have been looking at the DFI boards. Ya there hard to fine, but I might find some around here at locals repair shops.. It just puzzles me as to why my boards keep dying. I do not over clock just play games and surf the web.. I do not leave my computers on 24/7. All other computers in the house are 5-9yrs old and have had zero issues..

Personally, I'd like to know what's going on with your boards too! ;) I'm kind of attached to these boards - I own 5 of them with four still in running systems and one out with a bad video card. I have had zero issues and don't know what could be happening with yours. :(

Anyway, yeah - the DFI's are the only other boards I know of that were halfway close in performance but if you don't OC then it probably doesn't matter too much what you get ...

Everytime I have seen a number of things die...it's PSU related. Has it always been the same PSU?

Everytime I have seen a number of things die...it's PSU related. Has it always been the same PSU?

Nope I had a few. Upgraded the first one, when I up graded the video card.. The next time the psu was replaced was when I spilled some soda and just a drop hit the pus. This was like 5 months ago.

ebay is not my first choice, as I have been burned a couple of times this yr alone.. Managed to get my $$$ back on each. I'm starting to look into area shops for a board..

What did you get burned on? I haven't had a single issue with anything that I have bought from there. Generally I buy new stuff but I did just get a motherboard for my kid's computer. I only buy from sellers that have around 98 to 100% ratings. Also the hard drive he runs Windows 7 from came used from Ebay as well.

What did you get burned on? I haven't had a single issue with anything that I have bought from there. Generally I buy new stuff but I did just get a motherboard for my kid's computer. I only buy from sellers that have around 98 to 100% ratings. Also the hard drive he runs Windows 7 from came used from Ebay as well.

Xbox 360 for starters. Was suppose to be a refurbished unit. Guy had a 98% feed back rating.. Died two days after receiving it. Got a replacement, same thing died within the first 2 days.. Had to use ebay buyer protection to get refund.. Second was on a license for Win7 Ultimate 64. Seller said it was genuine, but it was deactivated by MS 5 months later.. That seller had a 100% rating.. Besides most boards I have seen on there lately are being sold from either China, or Russia.. I do not feel comfortable buying from those two countries..

Just some thoughts, kinda hit me in da face when you said two Xbox units went down too, you add this to the MB bellyups and the only conclusion I can come to is your power feed/supply to the house is defective....very sensitive electronics can be taken down quicky, larger electronics like TVs and Refrigerators might be able to survive unless the fluctuations are huge...

If you don't know how to check your power lines for steady feeds, then maybe a small investment in a geek type electrican to check it all out would help...

And, if the lines prove to be a bit suspect, there are solutions...like line conditioners and/or UPS....

If I had this many units going down I would be fixing the root of the problem before getting anymore electronics...just my take...

Wish you the best of luck, these kind of problems can be pesky...

laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

Just some thoughts, kinda hit me in da face when you said two Xbox units went down too, you add this to the MB bellyups and the only conclusion I can come to is your power feed/supply to the house is defective....very sensitive electronics can be taken down quicky, larger electronics like TVs and Refrigerators might be able to survive unless the fluctuations are huge...

If you don't know how to check your power lines for steady feeds, then maybe a small investment in a geek type electrican to check it all out would help...

And, if the lines prove to be a bit suspect, there are solutions...like line conditioners and/or UPS....

If I had this many units going down I would be fixing the root of the problem before getting anymore electronics...just my take...

Wish you the best of luck, these kind of problems can be pesky...

laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

I know this response is late, been very busy.. I live in a apartment complex, so I have no say about checking the power to the place.. My two daughters computers , one I built the same week as mine, and it is still running with no issues, as my oldest daughters computer works fine as well..

I will be selling my pc components once my new build is complete. My A8N32 is in great shape and I've never had any problems with it.

Replied to your pm.. If it is to late, and you know someone with a good used board I will be willing to buy if the price is reasonable.. Will check back in a few days...

Just bought a used DFI Lanpart UT nf4 Sli-D. Check with DFI's website, and it is suppose to support my current processor. So we will see how it does when it finally gets to me.

Back