• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advice fitting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ASUS ROG

What kind of fitting should i use if i want to run the loop like the one i draw in the pic?, i don't want to use tubing 'cause tubing look ugly.
Thank for your help :)

Attachments

• DSC00235.JPG
    DSC00235.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 85
You might be able to use some sort of SLI fitting. Maybe a bitspower crystal link with some angle adaptors, or one of those expandable koolance ones with some angle adaptors.

You might be able to use some sort of SLI fitting. Maybe a bitspower crystal link with some angle adaptors, or one of those expandable koolance ones with some angle adaptors.

I was thinking about using this
nzl-lxg1-bk_p1-228x228.jpg

and this
adt-xmf-l-bk_p1-228x228.jpg

do you think it will work?

I've never ran water and still don't like the idea, but someday I might build a old school copper pipe rig steampunkish in the future.

I used to build assembly line things in the past that looked like art work.

If you do it right and polish the tubing and are good at bending, it can make a pretty impressive setup, used to do it for assembly lines for pneumatics that where huge.

Yeah there are a few people around who have used copper tubes and a bender to make fantastic looking rigs. I use primoflex tubing because it's cheap, easy to work with, and does the same thing at the end of the day. I lack the patience to do anything beyond what is needed for performance.

Another option is rigid acrylic tubing. Dead simple in this case because there aren't any bends if you could find 90 degree fittings. Copper would work as well. It'd look great, but I don't see any 90 degree fittings with hard line on one side and G1/4 on the other for some reason.

Another option might be black 90 degree fittings with black tubing. I think that would look pretty good, but that's just MHO.

I used those exact fittings in my last setup to do what you are doing. Worked great. Make sure to have the flow going from the smaller tube to the larger tube. The middle fitting slides using an o ring and when flow was reversed I found it leaked after a few hours.

I was thinking about using this
nzl-lxg1-bk_p1-228x228.jpg

and this
adt-xmf-l-bk_p1-228x228.jpg

do you think it will work?
NO you actually need 90 degrees rotary and a SLI bridge connector (extenders will not work since if you screw in one side it will un screww in the other.

Another way to do this is:
90 degree with compression fittings and soft tubing (smallest dimension you can get)
90 degrees with rigid acrylic tubing and well acryclic tubing.

90 degrees adapters with copper/bronze tubing.

BTW why didnt you just bought a Mora radiator?

Back