• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AMD motherboard under 150$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Glad the mb is working for you, Theivan.:attn:

Personally, I like the Gigabyte 890GPA better than the GA 890FX. It is a smooth board with, IMO, the most forgiving bios. It takes awhile to get used to if you are in it often, but it shows the most willingness:) to recover from bad timings or other goofs. It easily clocks as high or higher than my GA 890FX with the the same cpu's.

My 1055t uses 67watts with 3 cores and 129watts with 6 cores. The 740 X3 at 3 cores uses more than half the power of the 1055t at full power, but performs core for core at a little more than 3 cores of the 1055t at the same clocks.

how can i find out my temps with the unlocked cores? since coretemp says N/a after unlocking.

well before.. i was @ about 35c @ x3 @ 3.8ghz. load. 22c idle.

so maybe like 40 now?

Sorry i thought i typed it >.>

before 35c(core) and 42c(socket)

so.. im at 63c on the socket now.

Yes. those are all load temps

the 35c. core and 42c socket was @ x3 @ 3.8 ghz

I would look into the MSI 890FXA-GD65 if you still looking for a board that comes in under $150. It features a better VRM design than the GD70 and is rock solid. I pushed my 1090T to 4.2GHz and have a X4 640 running at 3.9GHz right now 24/7 stable. MSI may have messed up in the past, but the GD65 is a great board definitely worth looking at.

I would look into the MSI 890FXA-GD65 if you still looking for a board that comes in under $150. It features a better VRM design than the GD70 and is rock solid. I pushed my 1090T to 4.2GHz and have a X4 640 running at 3.9GHz right now 24/7 stable. MSI may have messed up in the past, but the GD65 is a great board definitely worth looking at.

i already purchased the 890GPA-UD3H. thanks for the advice tho. im really happy with this gigabye board.

so my core temp now is about 56ish? that seems a little high.. i might re-lap my cooler and cpu or get a new cooler

so my core temp now is about 56ish? that seems a little high.. i might re-lap my cooler and cpu or get a new cooler

well unlocked chips do run very warm, after all they are technically defective and failed to keep within thermal limits in the first place, unless they were locked down to keep production numbers up for the 555 which is rare.

Back